Excursion Advise Voyager Med 09/02

jetboy

Hi Guys really looking for some help here, we are doing a 7 night Med cruise in 4 weeks on the Voyager and wondered if anyone could advise me of any alternative tour operators to use in the following ports as RCC prices seem to be very expensive!!!. Nice (Villefranche), Naples and Malta. any other tips which might help us would be a great help.I am so excited just hope the weather is still good!!! :)

Look at the Ports of Call board. There is lots of information on there about private tours...but it appears they do book up rather early. Do you have a Meet and Mingle group? If so, perhaps you could share with some of them. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

Hi Guys really looking for some help here, we are doing a 7 night Med cruise in 4 weeks on the Voyager and wondered if anyone could advise me of any alternative tour operators to use in the following ports as RCC prices seem to be very expensive!!!. Nice (Villefranche), Naples and Malta. any other tips which might help us would be a great help.I am so excited just hope the weather is still good!!! :)

Hi Jetboy

I too am on this cruise with my husband and we have booked a couple of private tours - and are looking for people to join us. We are doing private tours in Rome (exclusive Rome) and Naples (we are going to Pompeii, and the Amalfi coast.)

It is pretty expensive, however I believe it will be worth every penny - as we will be able fit in a lot more, and do more of what we want! (plus the more people that join us the cheaper it is.) Each of the cars can fit up 6 or 8 depending on the tour.

If you are keen to join us email me on mdbowen1@bigpond.com.au

Cheers:)

You can easily get the train in to Nice or Monaco. You can see the station clearly from where the ship tenders drop you off. Then all you need is a good map and you can easily get around.

In Naples we used a taxi driver and got a set price to visit Pompeii. He waited around for us then we went back to the ship. On another occassion we got the hydrofoil (right next to where the ship docks) to Sorrento where we spent a very pleasant day.

Both much cheaper than the ship's excursions and very easy to do.

Archived