Carnival Plastic Souvenir Cups

kchesneylover

Nope... takes up too much valuable room in order to save a buck. I just buy the drink of the day when I first board, and use that all week. Sure, it might cost you an extra $2 bucks, but I utilize every inch of packing space, and it's just not worth it to me.

So its what $6.50 for the DOD and $4.50 for refills?

Something like that. I heard the DOD had gone up though, although I can't verify it. It was $2 or less between the DOD and the refills... not much.

My friend is on the Pride right now and took her plastic cup from a cruise 4 years ago!! Traded it for a new and the discount price on her first DOD. She called me from the ship before they left to rub it in!!:mad:

Old prices, DOD $6.25 and refill $4.95. I think they have gone up to $6.75 or $7.50, not certain. I would imagine the refills went up as well. You decide if it's worth the $1.30 or not :p

Recent Capers show the Funship Special to be $7.25 and the rest of the week the DOD is $6.75. Doesn't give the refill price.

We have two glass souvenir glasses from our Fantasy cruise. One's a daiquiri glass and the other is one of those "jar" glasses with a handle. I think it originally was from a Bahama Mama. I wouldn't want to try to take those with me. Since Carnival's switched to plastic cups, they're pretty much irreplaceable.

We have two glass souvenir glasses from our Fantasy cruise. One's a daiquiri glass and the other is one of those "jar" glasses with a handle. I think it originally was from a Bahama Mama. I wouldn't want to try to take those with me. Since Carnival's switched to plastic cups, they're pretty much irreplaceable.

Wow, Carnival used to have real glass souvenir glasses? I wonder if they changed because of the cost or because too many glasses ended up broken... :rolleyes: :p ;)

ETA: I agree, glassware is too fragile to take on a cruise just to save a couple of bucks on drinks.

Wow, Carnival used to have real glass souvenir glasses? I wonder if they changed because of the cost or because too many glasses ended up broken... :rolleyes: :p ;)

ETA: I agree, glassware is too fragile to take on a cruise just to save a couple of bucks on drinks.

Yeah, they did!!! I have about a dozen or so from the mid 80s when we sailed the Carnivale and Festivale. Wouldn't take a million dollars for them! Well, okay, maybe a million but not a penny less :D

Yeah, they did!!! I have about a dozen or so from the mid 80s when we sailed the Carnivale and Festivale. Wouldn't take a million dollars for them! Well, okay, maybe a million but not a penny less :D

That's pretty cool! I bet you could get almost that much on eBay for them. ;) I guess I shouldn't really be all that surprised considering even a lot of fast food places used to sell real glass collectible glasses for about $2. (I have some of the Muppet ones from McDonald's)

That's pretty cool! I bet you could get almost that much on eBay for them. ;) I guess I shouldn't really be all that surprised considering even a lot of fast food places used to sell real glass collectible glasses for about $2. (I have some of the Muppet ones from McDonald's)

I have those too! And the smurfs :D LMAO!!!

Guest YesitDonna

I have some glass ones from way back when as well. I also have a plastic one that is like the mason jat that I do bring and get the reill. It is worth the travel space because it is so much easier to handle.

I have 2 batman glasses from McDonalds......use them for wine...!

okay - I apparently can't make sentences properly.:p I go back to read my original post and forgot to add the word "of". So, here my post is, with the word of:

Do any one of you take these from past cruises onto your present or future cruises? Will they give you the DOD at the DOD price in your old cups?

Thanks for all the great advice. Some of you were talking about having "glass" souvenir cups!!! I got a flashback about saving all of those "Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang" cups from McDonalds many years ago!!

So, I think might take y'all's advice and buy new cups. No use in wasting space!

I also like the idea of using the cup to save change!

yeah refills are $4.95 as of april/2006

What I normally do is buy the FunShip Special when I first get on, then use that one for the rest of the cruise...

What I noticed last time was while STILL in home port in Long Beach, that when you buy a drink, the price is, the price of the drink, the tip, AND TAX on it... I guess the Tax has something to do with being in home port or somethin.... I also noticed that while sailing away and about still 3 or 4 hours later is that the TAX is still on there.... It's not that till around 7pm that they drop that....

Just so you know.....

yeah refills are $4.95 as of april/2006

What I normally do is buy the FunShip Special when I first get on, then use that one for the rest of the cruise...

What I noticed last time was while STILL in home port in Long Beach, that when you buy a drink, the price is, the price of the drink, the tip, AND TAX on it... I guess the Tax has something to do with being in home port or somethin.... I also noticed that while sailing away and about still 3 or 4 hours later is that the TAX is still on there.... It's not that till around 7pm that they drop that....

Just so you know.....

I think they have to be a certain distance from shore to drop tax. Four hours seems excessive though; it can't take that long to reach international waters. I wonder if they report those extra hours of collecting tax, or pocket it?:confused:

Archived