Miami to Port Everglades

angelkisses

I am booked on the Liberty Thanksgiving week. The rising costs of airfare has caused us to think twice about taking this cruise. Today, however I checked and found a reasonable airfare from charlotte-miami. My question is if I fly into Miami how's the cheapest and best way to get to Port Everglades. Is their hotel anywhere between the two places that might offer transfers from the Miami airport to the hotel and from the hotel to Port Everglades or is their a shuttle service from Miami to Port Everglades? Perhaps this is wishful thinking but hoping someone could give me some advice.

"Is their hotel anywhere between the two places"------- I don't think Carnival has a pre-cruise hotel in that area. Oh, are you asking if there's a hotel between Miami Airport and Port Everglades? There are tons of hotels, but you need to be a guest to use any hotel shuttle services. You can take a taxi, hire a private car or take an airport shuttle service like Super Shuttle. Depending on time of day and day of week, you can count on it taking anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to get from the Miami Airport to the terminal. There are a number of shuttle companies that go out of Miami Airport, but I've found Super Shuttle to be the most reliable.

Also, you need to make sure your return flight is later in the day. Miami is probably the worst airport in the world that I've ever experienced. It's terribly crowded and the time to check in your luggage and go through security can be triple the time it takes at the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Thanks Kitty9. So this Super Shuttle will it take us from the Miami airport to Port Everglades and from Port Everglades to Miami. Do you know the approximate costs for this service. Do you think Carnival may offer transfers to Miami? I was thinking I would need to arrive a day early but perhaps I would just need to schedule a very early flight on the day we leave and a late flight on the day we return. Still trying to figure in all the costs to see if it will be worth the savings to fly into Miami.

I really wish I would have thought about inflated air prices before I booked the week of Thanksgiving. A combination of the holiday and the current gas prices is not a good combination.

Thanks for you help.

Super Shuttles are everywhere so you can use them to and from the airport. You need to make reservations beforehand because they are very popular and most times you can't just walk up and get into one. The cost from Miami the last time we used them was $37 per person from Miami International to Port Everglades. If you use a taxi, that cost could very well be over $100 depending on how long it takes to get you through traffic. You can always purchase Carnival transfers, but I find the ship's transfers are more expensive.

Angelkisses, from my past experience I would fly down a day early if at all possible. This past march was my first cruise and my flight got into puerto rico at 830pm. Our ship departed at 10pm and we had to be onboard by 9pm. So I was all stressed out!! In the end, I was able to fly standby and get into puerto rico early...My sister however didnt have the same luck. She got in at the original 830 time. I went to the ship checked in and talked to them they said I would be fine. I went back to the airport to pick up my sis and we got to the ship about 920pm. I dont ever want that uneasy feeling again. So I have heard the advice over and over again to fly in a day early if at all possible. I am taking that advice to heart now. I am going on my 2nd cruise in March and will be flying in the day before....the best thing of it all....NO WORRIES!!!

Archived