Cave Tubing Question???

Dianne75

Last week the ships excursion only took you through 2 cave systems, we took a private tour and went through 3, our guide said he could have taken us through 5 except it had rained very heavily and the other 2 were quite high with water. We were told the ships excursion 2 weeks prior had been canceled all together because of the high waters. you will also walk through a few caves on your way to the tubing area.

Thank you for the information. We are just a little uneasy about booking an excursion through anyone but Carnival. We were in Belize last year and it poured down the rain all day while we were there. The Cave Tubing excursions were cancelled. Do you get your money back if you book through a private company and the tour gets cancelled?

Thank you for the information. We are just a little uneasy about booking an excursion through anyone but Carnival. We were in Belize last year and it poured down the rain all day while we were there. The Cave Tubing excursions were cancelled. Do you get your money back if you book through a private company and the tour gets cancelled?

We have booked the cave tubing with cavetubing.com for sept. They sent me a confirmation via email stating how to find them and of course info on the reservation itself. They also do not collect payment until after the excursion. We are to print the info and bring it with us.

We are really looking forward to this...they get very good reviews.

Check out coralbreeze.com. We found them highly reliable and they did 5 caves with us. In 2005 our ports were re-arranged because of a hurricane and I was notified by Coral Breeze about the change before I heard it from Carnival! Their price includes lunch and it was delicious! This was one of our favorite excursions.

Kaytez...I was unable to find that link...it re-directed me to New Zealand cave tubing...and Bunkie103 yours is actually coralbreezelimited.com...and I have saved it in my favorites...I am going in December and I have heard the cave tubing is a must see! :)

In Belize: We had to a little hiking to get to the river area where you get in and then you basically go inside of one cave and its a straight shot till the other side. We only went through one cave and it was REALLY dark!!

Cruised on the Valor July 23. We did three caves with an independent provider, Cavetubing.com They were very accommodating. We took our parents ages 78 and 83 and we had a blast. We could not stop laughing the whole trip down the river. You don't pay until you are done with the trip. They also took us to a restaurant and the food was delicious.

Chuchu

We have booked the cave tubing with cavetubing.com for sept. They sent me a confirmation via email stating how to find them and of course info on the reservation itself. They also do not collect payment until after the excursion. We are to print the info and bring it with us.

We are really looking forward to this...they get very good reviews.

we are also doing cave tubing in september. and i see you are on the glory! when are you cruiseing? we are sep. 23rd

I crusied the end of June and our cave tubing got rained out from the night before and all but one cave was flooded. I booked with Yhony through the site in the title and like someone else said you pay after. I did not get to go and did not have to pay for the loss. He just confirms that you are coming and take it from there. It was one excursion I really was looking forward to. It's on $40 and much more through the cruise line. Do your homework with the help of CC and you will be amazed with the wealth of information. I started on this site 3 months before my crusie and I had more info and the best info. Enjoy!!

We used Coral Breeze as well. Best excursion I have ever done. We walked through some caves, and tubed through 4, maybe 5, but I think its was 4. Carnival's excursion had so many people. They had to keep stopping to let people catch up. We walked right by them. All 6 in our group with our own tour guide. And as someone said earlier, the food at the end was awesome. we had to pay a deposit and the balance upon arrival.

Can I book the cave tubing AFTER I get to Belize?

With Yhoni's outfit (Cave-tubing.com), I would venture a guess that you could just go to where they meet and you'd be able to get in. But, again, as they don't collect until after the excursions you've really nothing to lose in letting them know you'll be joining them. They were topnotch

That said, I've also heard nothing but good about Coral Breeze also.

I did hear negative things about CCL's offering (too crowded, only two caves led the list).

It is a "not-to-be-missed" excursion is the bottom line;)

We used Xtream (Richard was the guide) and it was great. They are very carefull about the time, as are many of the other tour companies. I was a little hesitant at first due to the time constrictions, but after reading the many posts on the Belize board I was ok with it. It was the best decision that I ever made. The ships tour was a cattle drive and we were a group of about 12. Much better. Do eat lunch while you are there. It's great.

We just got back today and went with Yhony and cavetubing.com. We had a time constraint as we left the dock at 10:30 and had to be back by 3ish people wanted to shop. We went throught two caves systems which was long enough. All I can say was that I am glad we went with Yhony and Richard and Tigre and the others. We were in groups and felt very safe, my 7year old came with us and I would trust her with them anytime. The ship tour leaves you on your own. Yhoni and his guides are at your side the whole trip. They know how the river flows and which side to stay too. I personally saw some unlucky floater flip out of his tube from the carnival and a few people bouncing off the wall around the curve and even though the motto is we don't pick up hitch hikers Richard helped two ladies get to a spot to wait for their husband when they got seperated and gave advice to a mother and her young son to stay to the left at a bend because its calmer. I felt safe and sound with them and can only say loud and clear Cavetubing.Com. We had fun on the bus even tried some local Cashew Wine, My daugher Tequilla Sheila especially enjoyed that. We went with my sister and a friend (two non-adventurous women) and 9 year old, 10 year old, 18, 21, 19, 16. We all had a blast. The walk through the jungle was about 30 min but they have made it as easy as possible with stairs if needed and the path is clear. NO FLIP FLOPS, bring some water shoes if possible. They rent them $3 at the river.

Very clean bath room there and the Lunch stop was worth it. Delicious. You can leave all your stuff on the bus, even $ they collect when its over. $45 what a deal.

Archived