Mariner, Western Caribbean - Which nights are which?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which nights on Mariner's Western Caribbean route are Formal, Smart Casual, and Casual? I THINK I may know a few of these --

Sunday, night 1 - casual

Monday (at sea), night 2 - formal

Wednesday (Ocho Rios), night 4 - casual/Caribbean

Thursday (Grand Cayman), night 5 - formal

If these are correct, then I'm missing the rest of the Casual nights, and the dreaded Smart Casual night. We're trying to decide which nights to have dinner at Chops & Portofino's.

Thanks for your help!:)

mrssully -- Thanks for the suggestion. I've read more than once on this board that Caribbean night (which, CruisingCatherine, I think is usually the day that you've been in Ocho Rios) is very missable, and DH and I agreed that either Chops or Portofino's will be on that night. We also want to miss Smart Casual night, but don't know which night that typically is on the western route.

Thanks again!:)

Hi winncove (Del) -- I've read in different threads that the food on Caribbean night isn't so hot... And DH and I have a pretty good Caribbean restaurant nearby (Bahama Breeze - it's probably a chain, and it's sooooo good), so if we have to pick two dining room nights to miss for Portofino's and Chops, Caribbean night will be one of them.

Hi Family of 14 & aqusis -

Hmmm, I definitely could be wrong... I thought I had read in a few different places that Grand Cayman night was the second formal night, but again, I could definitely be wrong... When exactly DO you find out which night is which? The first day, or do you not know until the Cruise Compass comes around for each day? Boy I can't wait 'til we're not first-timers anymore! :D

Thanks for the info!

NJ - I'm pretty sure that I read that the 2nd formal night would be on Friday for the Western route.

I too, would love to know if we will find out the themes when we first board the ship or if we have to wait to receive the daily compass. Anyone with recent experience on the Mariner, please jump in at any time.

We just got back on the 27th of June and it is Thursday night as you leave Grand Caymans, or at least it was for our sailing. We had to get back from Stingray City and get ready by 5 to see the Ice show and make it to dinner by 6 (early seating since we had the kids) .

Archived