Celebrations and general advice on Arcadia

Harriet75C

We've just booked a cruise on the Arcadia for June 2007 to the Baltic capitals, which is going to be our second honeymoon as out first one was a disaster (got thrown off a horse in the middle of the Australian outback and broke my arm so badly i didn't regain nerve function in it for 2 years - 3 days into our luxurious 3 week honeymoon)! So we want this one to be special :)

It will be our five year anniversary the day before we sail and we'd like to organise some kind of special celebration package if possible. It isn't one of the designated 'anniversary' cruises and so it's not showing any sort of packages that we are eligible for. Does anybody know whether if we contact P&O they'll organise a package for us on the same basis as the ones they do on the designated anniversary cruises, or are we just going to have to accept that there isn't going to be a package available.

Obviously we'll be able to pre order champagne and stuff for the room either way, but we'd like more of an inclusive package than that.

We've not sailed with P&O before, so any other advice in general re: the ship and the standards of service would also be welcome!

We've booked one of the aft corner suites. B deck, i think. Are they good suites? I know the balcony will be slightly overlooked, but that doesn't bother us.

I understand they have butler service. What does this include? And is it better to go for early or late dining?

I celebrated my silver wedding anniv onboard Arcadia in late May 06.

We are infact sailing again on her in June 07 too - but we go to Med on 22nd!:)

About 8 weeks before you go, you will get the tours brochure and gift package brochure. I booked the 'deluxe occasion package' for £140.

For that you have;

Belgian chocs, flowers and lg bottle of Champagne in your cabin on arrival,

A 50 min Massage and a 45 min facial (worth £50 each alone)

A portrait photo - choose one from loads they take onboard- worth£13

and Champagne breakfast in your room on your special day..

Very nice!

I booked the Orchid Thai restaurant for the evening of our anniv, ask for a table for 2 by the window - and book on embarkation day around 3pm to ensure you get the day you want...mention its a special occasion, they cake us a iced cake at the end of the meal -complimentary.

see photos of Arcadia, our flowers in cabin & the cake - also got a free large fruit bowl.. on my photosite: www.sveale.photosite.com

Also, on my site you will see the aft suites.

The ship is lovely and new - launched last year - and we loved the child free aspect, esp. round the pool in the afternoons on sea days with a cocktail or two - cocktail of the day only £2.50!

Do try either Orchid, as mentioned above, or Gary Rhodes restaurant Arcadian Rhodes - fantastic, supplements £10/£15 pp but worth it.!

Sue

...are fabulous. We have had one on both B and C deck. B deck is our favourite and we have an aft,starboard suite (Sydney Suite again)for the Panama Canal next year.

Both our butlers have been excellent, they will do as little or as much as you want, but would rather be given things to do than not. They are not at all intrusive.

The suites aren't vast but provide a comfortable space for two, with a large sofa as well as two armchairs, a lovely dressing room and loads of wardrobe space. The bathroom is more than twice the size of a standard cabin and has a bath and seperate shower plus twin sinks.

Best of all are the balconies which are tuly wonderful. We rarely left ours during sea days, getting the Butler to bring breakfast and lunch as well as the delicious canapes before dinner.

Enjoy your suite - you won't want an ordinary cabin again!

Archived