Dog Sledding Advice?

iluvdisney

We are booked on the Coral Princess northbound on May 21, 2007. Glacier dog sledding is a #1 priority for one member of our group. I have read on these boards that it is cancelled more than any other tour. Does anyone have any advice on how to maximize our chances - early morning vs. afternoon - Skagway, Juneau or Seward? Any tips would be appreciated.:)

We went dogsledding in Juneau this past June. We booked through Orca Enterprises since we also did the whale watching excursion with Larry in the morning and then they took us over to Coastal. We went up around 2:00 and we had excellent weather. In fact it was actually warm while we were dogsledding. I am not sure how to guess the weather though because I read on the posts here that last week they had heavy fog and all the excursions were cancelled in Skagway and Juneau. You just never know what weather you will have but good luck to you. I am sure it will be beautiful regardless of the weather.

Archived