Advice Needed!

We are on the cruise in August and stay at the Capitol Palace (Via Orlanda1, Venice-Mestre) the night before. I have worked out how to get from the airport to the hotel but am stuck on how to get from the hotel to the port! Could anyone advise?

Also can someone tell me if the boat gets deserted when docked? We have been already to a few of the places and are considering staying onboard.

Thanks to all-you are all great!

Carolyne

You can always have the concierge at the hotel arrange a taxi cab for you. I am not sure how far you are from the Port, but this is probably the easiest way.

As for the ship, no, you do not have to get off an the ports of call. You can stay on the ship all day if you chose. It is usually really empty when the ship is at port, so you will have the pools and other activities all to yourself!

See if the hotel has a shuttle to the port. Otherwise, jamies78 is correct: taxi is best.

Staying on board on sea days is very relaxing. You have your pick of just about anywhere you want to sit, the Windjammer lines are much lighter. Nice quiet day if you want one.

Archived