Snuba

explorer092604

Snuba is great! It's tons better than snorkeling - you get to see so much more. I've been out on the Zorro with Mayan Paradise Tours many times. Gary and his crew offer a great trip. They give you complete instructions on what to do and get you accustomed to the regulator before you begin your dive. Once you are in the water they take divers down one at a time. They are very patient and thorough guides. You'll have a great time!

With Mayan Paradise, each snuba guide takes 4 divers. All 4 of you will be on one raft. Once you get comfortable in the water the guide takes one diver down, then comes back for the 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. Once everyone is down, then the guide takes the lead. It only takes a few minutes to get all 4 people down and ready to go. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

Snuba is fantastic! We booked the snuba excusion through the ship, so I don't know the company that we went through. We had a great time and it was very easy to learn. My only complaint (and it's not really a complaint), is that we dove in an area where there was very little live coral, so we only saw a few fish. However, the ones that we saw were beautiful and just being able to swim without coming up for air was amazing.
Have fun!

Archived