Anybody Have Cruise Parking Info in Galveston?

redfish1

Trying to decide whether to take advantage of the free parking at the Super 8 (free if you stay there one night before/after your cruise), and taking a taxi (about $10) to the pier, or paying the extra $$ to park at the Port Authority or another lot close to the pier. When I called the Super 8, the lady who answered said people park there all the time while they are cruising, and they have not had any problems. Another person said they heard horror stories about parking at the Galvez (one of the nicer/more expensive hotels in Galveston) while cruising.

Any thoughts/suggestions/experiences?

Thanks! :)

We parked at the ez-cruise in Galveston. They were great. Loaded our things in a small bus, found a porter at the pier for us. Came back a week later, loaded us up, and the luggage. Hauled us back, about 3 blocks away. unloaded the luggage, and off we headed home. I would use them again. Not much traffic in or out of these lots, except when a ship comes in.;)

Make sure you pre-book online...very nice people:) We are staying at the Victorian Condo but have decided to use EZ Cruise...they did such a great job of dropping us off and picking us up. We were traveling with 4 adults and two toddlers.

We are staying at the Victorian Condo but have decided to use EZ Cruise...
Just curious, if you are staying at Victorian Condo and they have free parking & shuttle to the pier, why would you use EZ Cruise?

Just curious, if you are staying at Victorian Condo and they have free parking & shuttle to the pier, why would you use EZ Cruise?

We really like the Victorian but the shuttle service is way too slow!!!! The second time we stayed we stayed there we ended up taking a taxi back to the Victorian. Glad you asked...my post did sound a little weird.:o

my opinion is we goingto park at the carnival parking lot , pay the 50.00 and be gone , if the tai take you there and one more person at 10.00 per person round trip 40.00 , 10.00 savings nope. i'll take the tram from the parking lot to the terminal and then the same when i return from the cruise not worth the savings not to have the car not be secured.

What do you mean slow? Do they have a set schedule to deliver & pick up?

We were given a card with a telephone number to call and let them know where we were waiting...after about 3 calls and over an hour wait my son got us a taxi (actually it was a van taxi) to take us to the hotel. One of the couples who had traveled with us did the EZ Cruise thing and were on the road before we even were in the taxi:eek: When they took us to the ship from the Victorian we were in a bus...the vehicle used, to pick up passengers after the cruise, was a van so they had to make multiple trips.

In April...when I went on the Ecstasy with my son & family we were informed that they were not offering park & ride that particular weekend so we could not leave our car the four days of our cruise. We had never been notified of this...but, they compensated by giving us a $30 credit on our room. We decided to give EZ Cruise a try and found it was quite convenient.:)

Hope I answered your questions but please ask if you need any additional information.

Thank you Robin for the info! :)

I still recommend the Victorian because of their continental breakfast, a walk from WalMart (and Sonic). The rooms are comfortable and we usually have a pretty good sized group who travel with us.:eek:

Trying to decide whether to take advantage of the free parking at the Super 8 (free if you stay there one night before/after your cruise), and taking a taxi (about $10) to the pier, or paying the extra $$ to park at the Port Authority or another lot close to the pier. When I called the Super 8, the lady who answered said people park there all the time while they are cruising, and they have not had any problems. Another person said they heard horror stories about parking at the Galvez (one of the nicer/more expensive hotels in Galveston) while cruising.

Any thoughts/suggestions/experiences?

Thanks! :)

Before choosing E-Z Cruise I would read my post about my car flooding experience I'm going through after they had .83" of rain. You might want to make sure you pick a very elevated lot. Check out my post... I'm now going through crap I never expected I would. :-/

• 1 month later...

Archived