Coco Cay Food & Snorkling

md40901

I've never been to a private Island. Is the food on Coco Cay included in the price of the cruise or is it extra. Also if I rent the snorkling equitment do I get to use it all day long or is there a time limit on how long we use it. Also is it a tour or do you just pick it up and go in the water your self. THanks for all the help!!

Dana:)

Dana

The food is included while at the beach. They set up a buffet that includes ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit, cookies and weak punch/ice tea. Your soda card will work for glasses of pop but not the cans. There are about 4 bar areas. There are lots of wild chickens roaming about the food area and birds that can be a little agressive as well as flies. Be sure to eat as soon as they put the food out. There are hammocks and chairs spread out along the beach areas. You can stay near people or walk further away for less crowded areas. There's also a nature trail down the center of the island.

The snorkeling is for as long as you like. I took my own prescription mask and snorkel and rented just the fins and vest (vest is required if you bring your own equip.) together for $15. You simply go to the dive shack near the beach area, pick up your equipment and walk down to the beach to put it on. There are some rocks as you go out making it a little difficult to go out. Once past them though it's pretty easy. There is a floating dock to rest on and a lifeguard near there that feeds the fish near where there's a sunken airplane. You can shower off after swimming at the side of one of the restrooms.

I hope this helps. Cocoacay is a nice, relaxing day.

I'm going to be bringing some of my own snorkel equipment to Coco Cay (And Nassau).

Should we reserve the excursion online at the full price, with the intention of only getting the vest and fins, hopefully leave the rest on our pass? Or should we just wait til we get there to reserve them?

On Coco Cay I doubt they'd run out of these items. The problem is we also intend to do the Stingray snorkel in Nassau, and we have the same question:

Reserve the full price excursion, to avoid getting shut out of the excursion, and try to resolve the price difference once we get there?

Does this make any sense? I just wrote it and it sounds confusing.

Jason, I don't know firsthand but my guess would be that they will not run out of vests on Coco Cay. They have a lot of them to cover everyone, in all different sizes. I've read on here that it only costs about $6 to rent the vest. No need paying $28 for a vest.

I'm not sure about the stingray excursion in Nassau though. You'll probably have to purchase the whole excursion on that one. BUT, someone else might know better on that one. Don't take my word for it.

Are you going on the Majesty of the Seas? (it doesn't matter......I'm just curious because we sailed on her in April.) :)

I'm going on Sovereign of the Seas. Following the advice of several friends who have cruised before, i opted to start with a short cruise and see if it suits me before "going overboard" so to speak.

So 4 night cruise this time. Probably something longer later. its just working a cruise in between quarters is tricky.

Archived