Galveston Limousine

margord

I've got the same question, we are flying into houston (bush international) a day early for our cruise, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from there to galveston since Carnival does not offer shuttle service the day before the cruise.

I've got the same question, we are flying into houston (bush international) a day early for our cruise, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from there to galveston since Carnival does not offer shuttle service the day before the cruise.

My party is in the same situation. There are 4 of us plus luggage. I'm actually thinking about renting a car just because it seems cheaper than a taxi or the shuttle service.

I thought I read something on this board that some rental companies don't charge a one way fee, does anybody know if that is true and which ones that applies to?

We are staying a day after the cruise to see Galveston and Houston which is making the rental sound that much better.

A one week rental is looking at about $150 though and parking is $35.

"We are staying a day after the cruise to see Galveston and Houston which is making the rental sound that much better..."

If you are going to be in the area a couple of days, a rental car is probably the best deal. There is a lot to see in both Galveston and Houston (and in the area in between - the Clear Lake area of Houston, home of NASA/Johnson Spacecraft Center) and public transportation is essentially non-existant except in the downtown/Museum District where there is a light rail line. Since I live here, I obviously haven't had to face the car rental problems but there is always lots of talk on these threads about Enterprise. Do a search and a lot of information should be available.

Archived