Any info on Cat. SY cabins on Noordam?

Argus

We were on the Westerdam in January, and the cabin interiors should be more or less identical to thse on the Noordam. We were offered an upgrade from V-guarantee to an SY suite for $199 each for the first week and $149 each for the second. We took it and were quite pleased.

The major difference is simply the extra space, which makes a big difference. On the inside there are a couple of smallish easy chairs, so you can actually sit facing the TV. There is a small counter or desk next to the verandah door, and a small window above it. The best part was the verandah, which is big enough for a full sized table large enough for two to eat a meal. There are also two easy chairs (plastic simulated wicker, but fairly comfortable) and two footstools. We ordered breakast in and ate at the verandah table most mornings.

The bathroom comes with two sinks and a separate tub and shower stall. I tried the shower stall once and found it too small, so I used the shower in the tub after that.

In an SY suite you don't get the perks that go with the higher end suites (preferred boarding, access to the Neptune Lounge, etc). For us that wasn't a big deal.

We are booked on the Noordam in October out of NY, and I have asked the TA to call them in a few weeks to see if we can swing the same deal.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Hope that helps.

Archived