Here's to you Karie

tabascored

Happy Birthday, a bit early. We leave Monday for UK prior to our 8/11 crossing. We will raise a glass to toast you health and good fortune while we enjoy our cheese burger in paradise.

All the best, you parrothead :p

Warm regards,

Sue

What??? Karie has birthdays??? You haven't stopped doing that silly habit? Well happy birthday then kiddo...eat, drink and be merry and do something absolutely outrageous :eek: ...which for you shouldn't be too hard!!;)

Cheers, Penny

What? Karie's Birthday?

How fantastic! What a great reason to celebrate! WooHoo.

A VERY HAPPY (29th?) BIRTHDAY TO A LOVELY, FUNNY, WITTY, WONDERFUL KARIE, we all love you.

Very, very best wishes to you, I'm raising a glass to you...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

OMG!:eek:

Now what will I do to top all of this loveliness on my actual day~?

I won't turn,...uh.. 29 for another 6 days!

Although I did have a birthday dinner ($15.00 off) at our favorite real southern style, louisiana-type BBQ joint. Not bad for up nawth! Pulled pork- a big mound, great brisket, fried okra, good biscuits and corn bread with honey butter. Couldn't eat a thing. My Dad LOVED BBQ, My great uncle (on my mother's side) actually left his secret recipe to Dad in his will!

Had no appetite- thinking about Dad. I am really starting go through the grieving process, now that I have settled (pretty much) my job situation. But Dad should have been here to share the joy. He has seen me though so many trials and tribulations in my work life. It would be so special for him to know that the president of network was the one who decided the company simply couldn't live without me. And he would be so proud to know how many people were pulling for me, and worked hard in my behalf. The glowing compliments I have gotten, some in very public forums, have just left me humbled. I am sure that everyone has gone through days of doubt. Well I grew up thinking I was just a complete screw-up (Not Daddy's fault, I assure you!) and would never amount to anything. Daddy always believed in me and encouraged me. He would be so proud if he could see the way things turned out! (Yeah, I'm going through my "It's not fair" phase)

Anyway, as alwyas, y'all have made me feel like a princess, floating on a cloud! My Goodness! I have a THREAD named aftrer me! (I know, my goodness had nothing to do with it, as Mae West used to say!)

Thank you all. Please, by all means, raise a glass, And Drink it up! This ones for y'all!

***** o

**** o

**_o_

**\**/

***\/

***|

***|

*__|__

Just Karie

OMG!:eek:

Now what will I do to top all of this loveliness on my actual day~?

I won't turn,...uh.. 29 for another 6 days!

Although I did have a birthday dinner ($15.00 off) at our favorite real southern style, louisiana-type BBQ joint. Not bad for up nawth! Pulled pork- a big mound, great brisket, fried okra, good biscuits and corn bread with honey butter. Couldn't eat a thing. My Dad LOVED BBQ, My great uncle (on my mother's side) actually left his secret recipe to Dad in his will!

Had no appetite- thinking about Dad. I am really starting go through the grieving process, now that I have settled (pretty much) my job situation. But Dad should have been here to share the joy. He has seen me though so many trials and tribulations in my work life. It would be so special for him to know that the president of network was the one who decided the company simply couldn't live without me. And he would be so proud to know how many people were pulling for me, and worked hard in my behalf. The glowing compliments I have gotten, some in very public forums, have just left me humbled. I am sure that everyone has gone through days of doubt. Well I grew up thinking I was just a complete screw-up (Not Daddy's fault, I assure you!) and would never amount to anything. Daddy always believed in me and encouraged me. He would be so proud if he could see the way things turned out! (Yeah, I'm going through my "It's not fair" phase)

Anyway, as alwyas, y'all have made me feel like a princess, floating on a cloud! My Goodness! I have a THREAD named aftrer me! (I know, my goodness had nothing to do with it, as Mae West used to say!)

Thank you all. Please, by all means, raise a glass, And Drink it up! This ones for y'all!

***** o

**** o

**_o_

**\**/

***\/

***|

***|

*__|__

Just Karie

OK Karie this is a singing post. You must sing along with the rest of us...

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Karie

Happy birthday to you.

Cheers. Raises glass of Chilean cabernet sauvignon.

And don't worry about your dad. Even though you miss him, he'll know what's going on and be sharing the joy.

Happy birthdayicon7.gificon7.gificon7.gificon7.gif

Methinks she might get big headed!:p

All the better to fit the rest of my body! <LOL>

C'mon, y'all~ You're making me blush! ANd it's not even my birthday yet!

I renewed my driver's license this morning. (It's a picture year)

My one strike for individuality. I wore a hibiscus (fake, of course) in my hair, and a flamingo Hawaiian print shirt!

Karie,

who just HAS to be different!

P.S. THANKS, Y'all! I feel so speshul (Okay, Maria, no jokes about riding the short bus. (For you Brits, over here, they use smaller than normal school buses to take the "special education" children to school, sometimes not their neighborhood school. Special education, being the catch-all phrase to denote children with various problems- sometimes behavioural, sometimes medical, sometimes psychological. We all know about us temperamental genuises (genii?) I'm sure qualify as several of the aforementioned!)

I renewed my driver's license this morning. (It's a picture year)

Picture? Can we see it?:D

I can't wait to see this picture of a woman who's only 6" tall and 6' in circumference:D

BTW - How do your feet reach the pedals?:D

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!

To a lovely lady

Remember moi?

I will toast to you on your day with a mojito LIBRE!!!!

cadum

But of course, my dear.

Gracias!

Seems as though El Fidelito is not long for this world. (I never realized until the news the other day that he is 9 days older than my father. Of course, this started me bawling- Fidel lives, while Daddy died- Not fair!)

Are you joining us on the 2 Sept jaunt to Nova Scotia? Then I will have to make up your cruise critic badge (I know, I still owe you that!)

Hmm, mojito libre? How does that differ from a regular mojito? Is it one made on free soil? I had a nice mojito last night with dinner. Now THAT I DID finish! Two of them, in fact!

Please consider booking on with us for the labor day cruise. I would absolutely love to see you again! Maybe listen to a good mambo. ( I could even bring my Celia Cruz- ENSUCAR! and Ibrahim Ferrar CDs for a little son)

Karie,

Who still wishes to be on the first cruise ship leaving the US for a free Cuba. (Or the first free cruise anywhere! Whichever comes first!)

Picture? Can we see it?:D

I can't wait to see this picture of a woman who's only 6" tall and 6' in circumference:D

BTW - How do your feet reach the pedals?:D

I stretch alot~

And use a long stick!

Here's my pic- Please note the denim ballgown I am wearing with the rhinestones 'round the neck!

Karie,

who needs no other sig, now that she has a picture!

me2.bmp

Ok, if we are going for a world record for the number of languages in any one thread, I'll add Scots' Gaelic:

Là breith sona dhuit, Karie.

And just for good measure - Lang may yer lum reek.

I don't post much, but love to read your comments!

I couldn't ask for a better birthday party than the one right here!

It's been a rough day. Wish Dad was here to share tomorrow with me.

And his birthday is two weeks after mine. (And Maria's is two days before his would have been)

BTW, Maria is trying to make me fat. She sent me blooming cookies! So anyone who can get here in the next ten minutes can share one with me!

DAK, My Lum doesn't reek that bad, does it? I cleaned it twice this morning! and my breithe is doing just fine, thank you!

Lady, wouldn't it be Bonne Anniversaire? Or does the gender stay the same. I was never any good at that! Hmm, Toute ma ---well, according to my translater, Amities means all the best (to you) as a marque d'affection There is an accent aigue over the e.

Et Merci, Madame!

Penny, My Dagen is fine and dandy, thank you! (I'm guessing that means have a great day!)

You guys are simply the best!

Merci, Danke, Gracias

Karie,

we will be 52 in 26 minutes (Give or take a couple of hours. I was actually born, I think at 2:08 AM. I'm not sure, as I couldn't tell time very well back then. Leave it to me to start out in life keeping my Mom from getting any sleep!

OMG!

Karie - your birthday is THE SAME as my beloved wife! What a small world. (The kids and I are just getting ready to go pick her up at work and take her to dinner.)

In case you don't recognize me from all of your many threads ... we bumped into each other on one of the QM2 threads ... I think it was a discussion of alchohol ... LOL!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU!

- Spike

OMG!

Karie - your birthday is THE SAME as my beloved wife! What a small world. (The kids and I are just getting ready to go pick her up at work and take her to dinner.)

In case you don't recognize me from all of your many threads ... we bumped into each other on one of the QM2 threads ... I think it was a discussion of alchohol ... LOL!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU!

- Spike

Spike,

How could I not recognize you!

Of course I do! You're almost as "famous" as me! (Not so sure that's a GOOD thing <LOL>!)

Happy birthday to yiour Leonine wife!

I have run into three other people who share my birthday today! Must've been those Cold November nights! <EG>

So,Did anyone know that my bottle of Moet et Chandon White Star has a seal on it that says "By appointment to her Majesty Queen Elizbeth II!"

Hmm, Didn't know they liked the ship! Even with the Veuve Cliquot aboard the QM2! Oh yeah! That's right Roman numerals equal Queens. Arabic numerals equals queens!

Karie.

wo is now ( as my good friend Malcom says) an ANCIENT :eek: 52 years of age!

Damn. they should not make you go to work on your birthday.....much less the day after!

(But then. I am grateful I HAVE a job!

And I know my Dad is out there somewhere smiling on me!

P.S. Spike. O think I will shave to go find the books upon which your creen name is based. thoght for the life of me I keep thinking Clive Cussler (Raise the Titanic, and so many more!)

Oh, Karie -

Heaven forbid I should make you work so hard, especially with a post-Birthday hangover!

It really is not so mysterious as all that ... just obscure. (I read "Raise The Titanic" once upon a time ... interesting how Mr. Cussler has sort of come back en vogue the past couple of years ...)

My namesake is simply the lead character from one of my favorite TV shows, though I am sometimes loath to explain it, because it makes me seem so very adolescent and geeky (nobody touch that!).

I am not - as a general rule - a wide-ranging fan of the genre, but there was a Japanese animated show a few years back (not a kids show ... way too much violence, sexual innuendo, and jazz music for that) called "Cowboy Bebop".

The show had amazingly high quality of writing, a superb musical score, and vert "artsy" illustration ... just the thing for an aging film & video producer like myself! The protagonist was a bounty hunter named Spike Spiegel ... and my avatar is an illustration from the show.

As Paul Harvey would say:

"Now you know - the REST of the story. Good DAY!"

- Spike

Oh, Karie -

Heaven forbid I should make you work so hard, especially with a post-Birthday hangover!

It really is not so mysterious as all that ... just obscure. (I read "Raise The Titanic" once upon a time ... interesting how Mr. Cussler has sort of come back en vogue the past couple of years ...)

My namesake is simply the lead character from one of my favorite TV shows, though I am sometimes loath to explain it, because it makes me seem so very adolescent and geeky (nobody touch that!).

I am not - as a general rule - a wide-ranging fan of the genre, but there was a Japanese animated show a few years back (not a kids show ... way too much violence, sexual innuendo, and jazz music for that) called "Cowboy Bebop".

The show had amazingly high quality of writing, a superb musical score, and vert "artsy" illustration ... just the thing for an aging film & video producer like myself! The protagonist was a bounty hunter named Spike Spiegel ... and my avatar is an illustration from the show.

As Paul Harvey would say:

"Now you know - the REST of the story. Good DAY!"

- Spike

Works for me!

I don't really watch television at all. (Too busy on Cruise Critics!) And I never really got into anime all that much, though some of the art is amazing. (Some not so) but am into all things Japanese, so have been exposed to anime.

Actually, I used to be a Clive Cussler fan years ago- Read quite few of them. Don't have the time to read much now. I have at least 10 books at home I have not read yet! I am a bookaholic, but always filled with good intentions!

Great avatar! Are you as handsome in person? Then your wife is a lucky lady! <G>

Karie,

Who is a true geek and proud of it!

Archived