mini suites on Grand and Sun classes.

Rustyone

This has probably been asked before I'm sure. Having cruised on the Dawn before I'm pretty familiar with the Sun class of Princess ships but we are planning another cruise; probably on the Grand class so I'm just now scrutinizing the deck plans and stateroom diagrams. If what I think I see is true the Grand class is a little lacking. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way the mini suites are configured on the Grand class it looks like room service has to go through your "bedroom" to get to a table.

There is no folding divider between the "bedroom" and the sitting area.

The Grand class mini's have no wet bar.

All the mini suites are on a lower deck...there is no option of having a mini on a higher deck than the Dolphin.

You are correct in all your observations Rustyone. We had a mini on the Diamond and enjoyed it tremendously, the extra space was great. We were on the Dolphin deck but the uncovered balcony was not an issue because we went to Alaska. We have not been on a Sun class so I can't compare.

This has probably been asked before I'm sure. Having cruised on the Dawn before I'm pretty familiar with the Sun class of Princess ships but we are planning another cruise; probably on the Grand class so I'm just now scrutinizing the deck plans and stateroom diagrams. If what I think I see is true the Grand class is a little lacking. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way the mini suites are configured on the Grand class it looks like room service has to go through your "bedroom" to get to a table.

All the mini suites are on a lower deck...there is no option of having a mini on a higher deck than the Dolphin.

Sounds like you have it pretty well figured out. You are correct, the mini suites are long thin rooms on the Grand Class ships, and you must walk through the bedroom area before getting to the sitting area by the balcony.

There is no way to section off the sitting area from the bedroom.

No wet bars until you get into the full suites on the Grand Class either.

Actually, an easier way to look at this is that the mini suites on the Sun Class are more like the VS, PS and PH suites on the Grand Class. But the full suites (which are designed more like the minis on the Sun Class) are a lot more expensive on the Grand Style of ship.

Well I thank you two. I have to admit to a little dissapointment though. Our usual mornings in such a setting is my DW ordering coffee and pastries and waking me only when they arrive. I'm not crazy about room service traipsing through the bedroom.

There are 12 mini AD mini suites on Emerald deck aft that are covered.

Bill

Well I thank you two. I have to admit to a little dissapointment though. Our usual mornings in such a setting is my DW ordering coffee and pastries and waking me only when they arrive. I'm not crazy about room service traipsing through the bedroom.
My wife has the same problem. Usually I'll be up and will meet the RS guy at the door, and carry our order through the cabin myself.

Compare the prices between the two types of ship, too. You'll find that the minis on the Grand-class ships are not quite as expensive.

Archived