Walkie Talkies - Do they work on Conquest?rd?

MTruvillio

Hi, I am traveling with my two sons 12 & 9 and I thought about taking walkie talkies to keep in touch with them.

Anyone taken walkie talkies before? If so, have they worked? And would you recommond bringing them?

Someone said they won't work with all of the steel on the ship.

Thanks,

Mary

We just returned from the Conquest and the walkie talkies worked OK. Like cell phones on land, you get better reception in some areas of the ship than others. Also, there are usually lots of people using the same channel. But they are the only way to keep up with your kids while on board.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours! It's a great ship!

We just returned from the Conquest and the walkie talkies worked OK. Like cell phones on land, you get better reception in some areas of the ship than others. Also, there are usually lots of people using the same channel. But they are the only way to keep up with your kids while on board.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours! It's a great ship!

Thanks for your response. What shore excursions did you do? Any you would recommend or stay away from?

We use the COBRA 5 mile range ones and find they work pretty well. Whatever you decide to get, make sure they have lots of subchannels. There will be quite a few people on board with them and you want to make sure you get a clear channel all to yourselves. We got the ones with the charger base so we didn't have to bring a bunch of batteries.

Archived