well I e-mailed Celebrity asking for the dresscode and defintions of the dresscode

momofmeg

I was told there would be 6 casual nights on that transatlantic but they did recomend for me a nice pantsuit, dress or skirt and blouse separates and for my hubby that he wear a blazer, but no tie on casual nights.

That sounds like what RCCL calls "smart casual".

So Caviergal, Esther and others. I guess if I wear my black organza silk skirt I will not be overdressed.

I think hubby will not wear his khakis those nights either-he can save those for excursions.

I was told there would be 6 casual nights on that transatlantic but they did recomend for me a nice pantsuit, dress or skirt and blouse separates and for my hubby that he wear a blazer, but no tie on casual nights.

That sounds like what RCCL calls "smart casual".

So Caviergal, Esther and others. I guess if I wear my black organza silk skirt I will not be overdressed.

I think hubby will not wear his khakis those nights either-he can save those for excursions.

I think your skirt sounds perfect for X on a non formal night and that you are right to limit the khakis for excursions for your hubby.

X is more formal at dinner and European cruises even more so. I always wear a pretty dress, skirt, slacks with heels for dinner. Their dining rooms are lovely and dinner is a elegant experiece, IME.

Plus, it is a special cruise for you so I would enjoy dressing up. And you can wear the skirt two nights with different tops perhaps and save some room in the suitcase.:)

I think your skirt sounds perfect for X on a non formal night and that you are right to limit the khakis for excursions for your hubby.

X is more formal at dinner and European cruises even more so. I always wear a pretty dress, skirt, slacks with heels for dinner. Their dining rooms are lovely and dinner is a elegant experiece, IME.

Plus, it is a special cruise for you so I would enjoy dressing up. And you can wear the skirt two nights with different tops perhaps and save some room in the suitcase.:)

I already have a silk blouse, a poly-silk blouse and a taffeta fitted blazer that all look great with the skirt. (the skirt is black)I also have some even dressier more formal looking tops-that I could wear with the skirt on an informal night.

I haven't decided all that-even though it is a 12 night cruise-I still do not want to wear the skirt more then 3 times. I want to keep my packing down-but not to an extreme.

Ofcourse I have plenty of time about that-chances are I will find soemthing I even like better. and I may end up not taking this skirt.

You made me smile. There are many, many shopping days left till you leave, and if you're like me you'll find a way to buy a few more goodies.;)

Esther

for sure! what I liked about this particular skirt was it was in that crinkled organza silk-no pressing will be needed! So a great pack and go dressy skirt-NOT in polyester!

Travelling on the Millenium in October...I had thought polo shirts and pants for my DH and casual pants tank with nice blouse would work for me on casual nights. He could wear a blazer with shirt/no tie and for me a pant suti with fancy top and jacket/pants with sparkly top - am I wrong? It sounds llike I may be too casual for casual nigth...help!

Travelling on the Millenium in October...I had thought polo shirts and pants for my DH and casual pants tank with nice blouse would work for me on casual nights. He could wear a blazer with shirt/no tie and for me a pant suti with fancy top and jacket/pants with sparkly top - am I wrong? It sounds llike I may be too casual for casual nigth...help!

Well Esther and Cavier gal have done several European cruises and so has Kitty9-Kitty comes here some but she is on the Celebrity board a whole lot. she told me that actually a European cruise is even more dressy then a transatlantic. Kitty has done both types of cruises.

The reason I specifically e-mailed Celebrity and did not just look at their definitions was because of this. They recomended I wear a nice dress, pantsuit or coordinating blouse and skirt on casual nights and that my husband wear a blazer.

so bring your husband a couple of blazers for sure-polo shirts? I am not sure-maybe go to the Celebrity board and ask.

I do know this. I have only taken one Celebrity cruise and it was a 5 day on the Zenith and I found for the most part-people dressed up more then Royal Caribbean and especially Carnival.

Also it is said the Europeans do not dress as "casual" as Americans. Since my cruise is a TA, it will have more Americans, but your cruise will have many more Europeans-so I am thinking your cruise will be even dressier.

Hey I even read posts from a person who did Carnival Liberty in Europe and she said even on Carnival-everyone dressed super nice.

Well Esther and Cavier gal have done several European cruises and so has Kitty9-Kitty comes here some but she is on the Celebrity board a whole lot. she told me that actually a European cruise is even more dressy then a transatlantic. Kitty has done both types of cruises.

The reason I specifically e-mailed Celebrity and did not just look at their definitions was because of this. They recomended I wear a nice dress, pantsuit or coordinating blouse and skirt on casual nights and that my husband wear a blazer.

so bring your husband a couple of blazers for sure-polo shirts? I am not sure-maybe go to the Celebrity board and ask.

I do know this. I have only taken one Celebrity cruise and it was a 5 day on the Zenith and I found for the most part-people dressed up more then Royal Caribbean and especially Carnival.

Also it is said the Europeans do not dress as "casual" as Americans. Since my cruise is a TA, it will have more Americans, but your cruise will have many more Europeans-so I am thinking your cruise will be even dressier.

Hey I even read posts from a person who did Carnival Liberty in Europe and she said even on Carnival-everyone dressed super nice.

momofmeg, IME it is very true that (1) on European cruises tend to dress up more in general, (2) X is more traditional and attracts a formal passenger, (3) have not done a TA but friends that have say it tends to be quite dressy in the evenings, (4) Europeans in general are not as casual as Americans.

I personally would opt for dress slacks and a button down long sleeve shirt on casual nights for the men and a nice dress or pantsuit for myself.

That is what I figured cavier gal-hubby would take dress slacks-and save his khaki for excursions-I figured too-he could wear a polo/golf shirt for excursions too-unless you think those would be too cool and he should bring mostly long sleeved shirts?

Archived