Inspiration

pickleo

Have been on the Inspiration twice in last year. We really liked it . Love the Port of Tampa. Food was great. Much better than Victory we just went on. Be sure to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and if you are into shopping, Cozumel is the best for that. Lido deck pool area is one level, some ships have tiered lounging areas. There is a fun slide. Great service, workers actually remembered us 2nd time, only 3 months apart.

I agree with MaryAnn, except the part about being on the Inspiration twice within the last year ( I WISH!!!). We were a group of 6, 2 which were cruise virgins, and they too, are now addicted, can't wait until the next cruise. We had a wonderful time.

http://community.webshots.com/album/347765937vYCBuD

Here's some pics from the ship.

Matt

Have been on the Inspiration twice in last year. We really liked it . Love the Port of Tampa. Food was great. Much better than Victory we just went on. Be sure to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and if you are into shopping, Cozumel is the best for that. Lido deck pool area is one level, some ships have tiered lounging areas. There is a fun slide. Great service, workers actually remembered us 2nd time, only 3 months apart.

We leave on Sunday! Can you tell me where the best shopping was in Cozumel? Is it by the pier or do we need to take a taxi to it? If we need to take a taxi, where do I tell the driver to go? Thanks! Glad you had a great time on her!

My very first cruise ever happens in 1 month 3 weeks and 3 days. Everything I've read about the inspiration sounds wonderful. I don't think I could have picked a better ship, or time of year. I'm so excited. Can I start packing yet?

I did the 5-day Western on Inspiration last year and loved it. Grand Cayman is gorgeous - save your $$ on excursions and simply find a shuttle driver and ask for a good beach to go to. We had snorkel gear last year and found a shuttle - simply asked the driver to take us somehwere for good snorkeling and she brought us right to a resort beach (Sheraton, maybe?) that had white sand, a reef right offshore for snorkeling, and a bar/restaurant. We snorkeled all day and drank Red Stripes for less than what an excursion would cost and could work on our own time schedule. Cozumel, we walked around the dock area for an hour or two and did all our shopping - popped over to Pancho's Backyard for margaritas, quesadillas, and gazpacho, then dropped our goods off on the ship and caught a cab over to Carlos 'N' Charlie's, Senor Frogs, and the Hard Rock for some beer drinking. GREAT time.

Food on the ship is solid, not outstanding. They don't have some of the newer ships' dining options (Supper Club, seafood stands, Chinese buffet) but did have both an ethnic and American buffet every day. Grill was mediocre, deli and pizzeria were both very good. Dining room food is solid, but not spectacular. A lot depends on how well you order. Cabins are significantly bigger than on NCL or RCCL and beds are VERY comfy. Lots of entertainment options on board - definitely a FUN ship. When I went, the Miami/Florida State game was being played Monday night, so they converted one of the lounges into a sports bar and had the game on a huge projection screen with stereo sound. They were selling buckets of beer and having trivia contests (yours truly won a trophy for knowing which team drafted John Elway, and no it wasn't Denver.) There were a number of alumni from both schools there, people were bringing pizzas down from the deck above - it was one big party. That's the kind of thing RCCL, for all it's good qualities, lacks. Service was outstanding all week, and embarkation/debarkation in Tampa were a pain, but better than some other ports I have been to.

All in all, a GREAT trip !

Archived