What to do about price drops

sonomaphil

I booked my December Princess cruise through one of the major agencies. I know you can‘t talk about individual agents but let's just say you probable have their card in your wallet. Don’t leave home without it. The price I booked at the time was the same as on the Princess web site. The price is still the same at both sites. I’m new to all this and am learning that this is usually the expensive way to go. I was messing around the internet and checking things out. I requested a few quotes from other agents online. Most came back with a minimal discount at best. But one agency came back with one that made me think. My current booking is for a BE balcony, guarantee. The other agent came back with a BA balcony, $50 in shipboard credit and their price was $236 LESS than my original booking and $600 less then a BA at the Princess web site.

So what are my options? Can I contact my original agent and see if they can match? Can I cancel the first booking and go with the second? Is any of this possible? Final payment isn’t due until the end of September.

I have never had this dilemma but in reading other posts it seems like there are 2 things you can try. Since you haven't pif yet you are not locked in. You should call the original TA first and see if they will meet the lower price. If they won't do it then you can cancel your cruise and rebook through another agency. I suggest you post this question on the Princess board. As a new person to cruising you have now learned your first bit of "cruise wisdom"........Do lots of price searching if you want the best rate. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

I have never had this dilemma but in reading other posts it seems like there are 2 things you can try. Since you haven't pif yet you are not locked in. You should call the original TA first and see if they will meet the lower price. If they won't do it then you can cancel your cruise and rebook through another agency. I suggest you post this question on the Princess board. As a new person to cruising you have now learned your first bit of "cruise wisdom"........Do lots of price searching if you want the best rate. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

definetley agree. did this 2 times... had to cancel and then rebook, they might charge a cancellation fee , but im sure its worth the 200+ you will save.. thats crazy, thats what always happens.... good luck

melissa

Enjoy your cruise!

definetley agree. did this 2 times... had to cancel and then rebook, they might charge a cancellation fee , but im sure its worth the 200+ you will save.. thats crazy, thats what always happens.... good luck

melissa

Enjoy your cruise!

melissa

Enjoy your cruise!

melissa

Enjoy your cruise!

melissa

Archived