Time difference in Grand Cayman

Casey2

Is Grand Cayman time the same as ship's time? We are thinking of taking the jeep safari excursion. The tour starts at 10:30 GC time and arrives back at the dock at 4:30. We arrive at 9:30 and depart at 5:30 ships time. I assume the excursion is coordinated so we will have enough time to make it and get back on time.

First off, most private excursions rely on word of mouth so they would not want to have their passengers miss the ship. You may want to ask specifically about your excursion operator, on this board, to see if others have had good luck with them.

That being said, GC is a tender island that has somewhat unpredictable weather. Several times ships were not able to tender in due to high waves or bad weather. I have read on at least one occassion a ship wanting to leave earlier than scheduled do to bad weather.

Usually, the last tender is one hour before the ship leaves, which would be 4:30 for you. There is usually a big line to board the tenders. That would cut it too close for me. I would feel better if you got back at 4, which would allow you time to walk to the buidling and get in line.

In July, we saw a small tender head to the Conquest , from GC, after we sailed away. Three people literally jumped onto the Conquest from that tender. They were cheered by the folks on the Lido deck at the sail away party. That was too close for sure!!

Good luck and have fun, GC is a lovely island!

If you are inline for the tenders and they are running slow does the ship still leave or as long as youre their they will wati for you??? I am horrifed to be left behind as you can see cuz most of my posts are concerns with time.

GC is on eastern standard time (EST) year round. If you are on a ship that embarks from a port on eastern daylight-savings time (EDT) then ship time will be an hour later than GC time. That means that 4:30 CG time is 5:30 ship time, so you could miss your ship.

Archived