Conquest Review 7/23-7/30

waitin4acruise

Left the house around 8am from dallas drove down to Friendswood. had lunch with father-n-law drove 20 min to Galveston in are room by 4pm Great location over looking the water all rooms had balconys it was cool feeding the seagulls from the balcony. Woke up the next morning to them damn seagulls cryin lol. Went out on balcony seen the conquest waiting for us :D went down for breakfeast and then got ready had a shuttle scheduled for 12:30 well it did not show till 1:00 oh well. GOT to the terminal to see a hugh line all the way down the outside off the building my husband has bad knees so we bypassed that line and got inside did most off inside lines then a worker seen my husband and he let us bypass to another line . We got into are cabin about 3:00 i just hate to think what time them ppl at the end of line got into there cabin.But i have learned call for assistance for boarding for now on. We were on the upper with a balcony we did the balcony grty paid for a 8a are better got a 8a wish was fine with us.The room was nice i liked watching them put the lauggage on the ship also seen police 2 times pull lauggage to the side probaly someone trying to bring bozz on board oops lol.Muster drill not so bad but u better hurry back cause ship starts sailing right after. watch sail away from balcony then got ready for dinner in monet 5:45 requested 6:15 but did not bother to change whats 30 min's ;) just explored the ship went to a show and back to sit on my balcony 1st night no turn down service no towel animal nothing finally 3rd night we started getting turn down service with a animal.My daughter just loved them towel animals lol.I dont think there was much we missed on the ship between myself hubby and 16yr old had a blast. JAMICA we did the Rose Hall tour and some shoping you do get hounded to buy in Jamica but never was approched with drugs we did this tour thru carnival.GRAND CAYMEN also thru carnival we did the stingray island tour this was the highlight of the trip for us its a must do.tender was very fast both ways.COZMEL we did our own thing here went to Carlos and Charlies had a few drinks some nachos a great place did shopping and back onboard by 1:30. Had a wonderful time on the ship was able to do everything or nothing and would go again.... I have just a few complaints i think carnival should change sheets atleast every couple of days i smeared eye shawdow on pillow cases and they never changed i asked friday then she did change the pillow cases not the bedding just wonder if its carnival policy to change only when u leave the ship.Also towels on floor in the rr are to be replaced not hung back up. the public rr on the ship omg:( walked in and right back out enough said.Disembarkment went smooth and back to our car by 11:30 home by 5:30 ALL AND ALL HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN.

No we did not but seen other ppl talking about sheets not being changed daily actually seen a lady telling her stewart to please replace sheets to both of her cabins she said they never do unless u ask. So was wondering if its carnival policy not to change sheets unless asked.

waiting for a cruise, this is angel. I just learned that you had the same seating time on the monet dining room as I did. Also, my mom and aunt and two freiends went to the Rose Hall in Jamaica. They went to the beach resort. Too bad I did not get to meet you. Also about the sheets. My steward always changed my sheets and turned down the bed at night. Every day I left him a four dollar tip since I have the habit of putting on my makeup on the bed and I always would stain it (not on purpose) so I appreciated him changing our sheets. The room was always spotless I cannot complain about a thing about the cleaness of the room. Maybe you just got a b ad steward. What was his/her name? Mine was named Tearsol (or something like that). Angel

We also were on this cruise. We were on Lido deck. Our linens were changed every day and we had turn down service every day. No towel animal on the first or last night but that was no big deal. Our room steward was fantastic. Our dining room waiter on the other hand was not very personable and hardly every smiled. He took no time with us other than taking our order and bringing it. If we asked questions about a certain dish, he gave a short answer. On the first formal night, we left without dessert because it had taken over 2 hours and we still didn't even have dessert menus. We had late seating and as you could imagine, by 10:00 pm we were ready to be done with dinner.

My stewart was kay she did a good job on tidy up the room nice girl working to send money home. Just hard to get over the sheet thing lol.As far as the dining room waiter he was wonderful and the service was perfect. We did tip both stewart and waiter extra at the end of the cruise.

Archived