Question about wine packages

Live4cruises

I haven't been able to get HAL Guest Services to answer my questions about wine yet.

If we pre-purchase either a 3- or 5-bottle Navigator or Admiral package:

Does anyone know from what wines we get to choose?

Are we saving any money vs purchasing the same bottles in the dining room? Since this is the gift order form, I suspected that the prices might be the same as dining room.

I DO have the pre-purchase liquor price list. If anyone needs it, let me know and I'll add it to the post.

Thanks!

The Navigator packages are usually 4 or 5 bottles of wine.

I haven't kept track of the prices in recent months.

But One time I did post the prices and they had gone up quite a bit. You Usually have a cboice of 7 white and 7 red wines. You can order the same one or mix.

The Admirals package usually runs quite a bit more. One time when I checked, it was about $150 more the Navigator package.

You may save about $30 - $70 depending on what wines you choose on the Navigator package.

Live4cruises,

When you first go on board there will be stewards selling the wine packages and also offering free tastings of what you can expect.

A couple of cruises ago, I bought the wine package online as a gift for my husband. Never again, as the wines we received were very ordinary and not at all enjoyable.

From then on, we always look at what is available on board the ship and go from there. You do save some money by buying the packages, but often we prefer to just buy the wine from the wine list and get a better wine.

As we live so far away we normally cannot bring wine with us but when we boarded in Boston last year, we found a wine shop around the corner from our hotel and purchased a few bottles.

This year we are boarding in Vancouver, and I have the address of a wine shop not far from our hotel so we will again buy wine and take it on board. This is mainly to drink in our cabin.

Jennie

Thank you both for the good information.

We're about to decide to "pre-buy" some spirits, but not do the wine package. Our upcoming cruise has 7 ports in Italy, so we should be able to find some drinkable Italian wines to bring aboard!

Jennie, your cruise this September sounds fabulous!

Thanks again,

Robin

I just received the 2006 Gift Order form e-mailed to me from HAL.

Navigator Bottles 3-$83 5-$144.25

Admiral Bottles 3-$124.55 5-$206.50

The 15% gratuity is included.

However, I do not have the actual current wine list that you can choose from.

Live4cruises,

Yes we are so looking forward to our big adventure. We were in South America in January and February and cruised down to Antarctica as well as out to the Galapagos Islands and also went to Machu Picchu and the Iguazu Falls so this is really the "icing on the cake" as it finishes off that part of the world.

I see you are cruising on the lovely Prinsendam. We loved our time on that ship. We did the Black Sea on her in October, 2004. You will love Captain Gunderson and also all the crew. It is a very special ship and a great size. Enjoy your time on her.

Jennie

I have the wine list from the Prinsendam in April as follows:

The Wine Packages are for either 3 bottles or 5 bottles

Navigator Package: 3 bottles for $76.00 or 5 for $132 plus a 15% service charge added to those prices:

White Wines: Robert Mondavi Johannisberg Riesling, ; Monkey Bay Chardoney;Caliterra Chardoney; Danzante Pinot Grigio ;Blackstone Savignon Blanc

Red Wines: Sylvester Kiarra Resewrve Cabernet Savignon; Three Blind Moose Cabernet Sav.;Laboure Roi Pinot Noir; Errazuriz Estate Merlot; Ravenswood Zinfandel;Frescobaldi Remole I;Twin Fin Shiraz

Admirals Choice: 3 Bottles $114 or 5 bottles $189 Plus a 15% service charge added to those prices:

White Wines: Rosemount Chardoney; Columbia Winery Gewurztraminer;

Silverado Savignon Blanc; Laboure Roi Macon Villages

Franciscan Chardonnay

Red Wines: Four Emus Shiraz; Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon,Napa; Rutherford Hill, Merlot; Cote De Beaune Villages; Blackstone Syrah;

Icon Ravenswood; The Jibe, Pinot Noir

Enjoyyour cruise:) Betty

Archived