Cabin next to the elevators

redphoenyx

I've had cabins next to elevators, and I've had cabins near stairwells. Never heard a thing in either case.

Check out what your cabin UNDER; if there's a common area above you, that can be bad.

T

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't have any problem. The reason your cabin is bigger is that it is a handicapped cabin with a rolling shower rather than the regular shower/bathtub configuration. You won't hear the noise of the elevators, but if you get a really loud(like in someone told something funny and they are laughing, etc.) you might hear that alittle. But being Celebrity and not Carnival, I believe that would be rather unlikely.

We've had cabins next to the elevator lobbies several times, on Celebrity, HAL and NCL, and never had problems with noise. However, we have become sensitive to the issue that everyone in the lobby can see into your cabin when you open the door - oops!:rolleyes:

Since you're in #6107, you may want to check out the thread on the Celebrity board regarding the handicapped cabins next to the glass elevators. A commenter noted that, because the elevators stick out beyond the adjoining balconies, the people riding in the elevator can look right into your balcony, and you can hear their voices when you're on the balcony. Also, they noted that the lights from the elevator shine into the balcony at night. They didn't say anything about the lights or noise when you're in the room. I just happened to notice that thread because we're booked in the same cabin on the Constellation this October. As Pooh noted, Celebrity is pretty subdued so none of this should be too much of a problem.

Hi. Booked on Celebrity Summit and our cabin is right next to the elevators. Looks like it's a bigger cabin but will there be a lot of noise? I think it's 6107. :confused:

Sound proofing is much better on the newer ships. That problem about noise is mainly from older ships.

Now it can be a problem is they start moving tables and dragging tables on the deck above you. It is very difficult to sound proof the ceiling/floor. Always bring wax ear plugs for noises you want to block out.

The cabin isn't necessarily larger, however, the bathroom is very large to accommodate an individual using a wheel chair. My mother had the cabin [6105] on the other side of the elevator on a recent cruise. As you entered the cabin, there was space for her wheelchair. There are emergency safety pulls near the bed and in the bathroom to alert the front desk in case of emergency. Celebrity required a letter from her MD saying Mom required this cabin and that she is medically able to travel.

In case you have never been in an accessible cabin, be aware that there is no rim about the shower and in a rolling sea, or slight list, water can run across the bathroom floor. Lots of extra towels helped.

Noise was never a problem near the elevators.

Darcy

• 1 month later...

Archived