Halifax

We will be in Halifax from 7am to 6pm. Because of previous shore excursion we are not really interested in Peggy's Cove, whale watching, or lobster bakes.

Our thought is to see the Titanic cemetery and Citadel Hill, any suggestions on how to do this? Or any other suggestions.

Suggestion: Take FRED

http://www.halifax.ca/metrotransit/fred.html

to get to Citadel, then taxi to Cemetery. (You can get a map iof the area and figure out the route ) Titanic Museum is near the dock along the waterfront, I think I read. BTW - when we were in Halifax, some tours took the AAA card, so if you have one...

You could also jsut get a taxi to give you a tour of the town and cemetery then drop you at the Citadel, taking FRED back to ship or walking (Have to burn off those calories :cool:)

This HOHO is the name many give to the double decker bus that circles around and visits most of the points of interest.

We try and take them whenever available.

The Harbor Hopper is different.

Thanks for the link to FRED.

We rented a car in Halifax. We were able to get to Peggy's Cove relatively early to avoid the large crowds. I had been debating about going but It was well worth it. On the way back we visited the Titanic Gravesites which was on the way back to downtown. We then turned our car into Hertz at the Marriott and went to the Maritime Museum (it was three blocks from the Marriott which was wonderful. We then walked back to the ship at Pier 21. It is less than a mile walk on a great boardwalk. We got back to the ship with a half hour to spare.

Archived