Glory Review 7/29-8/4 VERY LONG AND DETAILED!!!

clayfu1

Okay who paid you for such an awesome review. Your honesty was great. we loved Belize so much. We hired a private tour when we got to the island and it was the 4 of our family and another couple of 2. We paid $25.00 a person and spent the day at the Myan Ruins.

Again thanks for the review.

Hey Folks:)

I was on the Glory from July 29th until the 5th. My two boys, husband and I had a fantastic time. JoAnne:):)

JoAnne, we leave this weekend on Glory. How old are you sons? We have boys 7, 8 & 10 in our group. What did you do with them on the islands? Thanks.

Doug

Okay who paid you for such an awesome review. Your honesty was great. we loved Belize so much. We hired a private tour when we got to the island and it was the 4 of our family and another couple of 2. We paid $25.00 a person and spent the day at the Myan Ruins.

Again thanks for the review.

hahaha i started typing and before i realized it it was 7 pages long =x

Hi Clayfu1,

I believe that we were on the same excursion with you and your family, in Costa Maya. We had the opportunity to ride with David, the tour guide, all the way to the ruins. He was so passionate about his job and was a joy to be around. (he even let us stop for fresh Pineapple, yummy!) We were the group of 7, including my inlaws, age 71 and 75, my husband, his sister and our two kids, age 22 and 20.

We had a great time on the Glory and would recommend it to anyone. Your review was right on track!

Thanks for your humor!

KU Cruiser

Hi Clayfu1,

I believe that we were on the same excursion with you and your family, in Costa Maya. We had the opportunity to ride with David, the tour guide, all the way to the ruins. He was so passionate about his job and was a joy to be around. (he even let us stop for fresh Pineapple, yummy!) We were the group of 7, including my inlaws, age 71 and 75, my husband, his sister and our two kids, age 22 and 20.

We had a great time on the Glory and would recommend it to anyone. Your review was right on track!

Thanks for your humor!

KU Cruiser

ah yes i remember you all, they also asked us if we wanted to get pineapples but no one wanted to stop =x

thanks for the comments!

Buckeyemd,

My sons were 12 and 15. They have a lot of activities in Camp Carnival for all the youger guys. The older kids can check themselves in and out. The children that are your boys ages will need to be checked in and out by you. This is for security. They keep a list of the children and adults. They run a great program and they will give you a list of activities everyday.

they also had a ship wide treasure hunt, i saw clues everywhere. i kind of regret not doing it, it sounded like a bunch of fun.

and you won some cool prizes too

100$ in internet usage, 500$ for the art auction , 50$ to the spa and assorted stuff

Clay What kind of music were they playing in the disco/clubs? How often were they open? What time did the close?

all kinds.

they had 60's music once night.

but usually after 10 is when the "club" opens. its just top 40's. Its a nice scene.

Carnival Glory review.

Our first stop was Cozumel, Mexico. The weather was bright and sunny with not a cloud in sight. Cozumel is apparently not on any map because it was a cruise/tourist creation. This is the only stop where we did a Carnival excursion (I did not adequately prepare for this stop). When you first get off the boat (you port) you see tons and tons of shops, the prices are very average nothing special. If you want to buy water buy it at the pharmacy you see, oddly enough its pretty cheap at 1$ for a pretty big bottle. My brother and I did power snorkeling at Cozumel, which was okay, the power machine kept breaking down on us, so we had to get new ones. You know that this place is really all man-made due to the lack of coral and large arrays of fish. I found it very average as well, I don’t know if I’d suggest it to anyone cause it wasn’t really worth the 55$.

Clay,

Thanks for the great review. It was very informative and honest. I'll have to try my hand at blackjack a few times.

Did you not like where the Carnival Tour took you power snorkeling? I hate booking directly with the Cruise line due to the lack of personal attention and large "cow hearded" groups. They are all about money and not service. I don't do the snorkle thing but I scuba dive quite a bit when in Cozumel. Where the cruise ships take you aren't even comparable to where a dive operator will take you. The Cozumel reefs aren't man-made (well they do have a few things that have sunk, a plane, boats, ect.) and they do hold lots of fish. I have tons of pictures and a underwater video. Jaques Cousteau rated Cozumel one of the best coral reefs in the world. I hope you get to experiance Cozumel's reefs. The best way is by scuba if you can afford it.

You are right about going off the main "shop strip" to get the best prices. I barter pretty well and if you say you saw it somewhere else for cheaper they will usually lower their prices. I also tend to keep money in my right pocket to "show" them that's all I have (usually $10 or less in 1 $5 bill and 5 $1 bills.). If that doesn't work politely say no thanks and start to walk out, then they almost always say make me an offer.

The best "authentic" food is also off the beaten path.

How was the island since the hurricane?

Great Review Clayful ! Loved the details you put into this

Glory is a ship I am looking at as I narrow down where to cruise next.

I live in Florida so it is in driving distance, and I like the itinerary and

the fact it is a newer ship. Sounds great. Glad you had such a good time!

Never heard of a "treasure hunt"?? Is this new or something unique to Glory? thanks

Clay,

Thanks for the great review. It was very informative and honest. I'll have to try my hand at blackjack a few times.

Did you not like where the Carnival Tour took you power snorkeling? I hate booking directly with the Cruise line due to the lack of personal attention and large "cow hearded" groups. They are all about money and not service. I don't do the snorkle thing but I scuba dive quite a bit when in Cozumel. Where the cruise ships take you aren't even comparable to where a dive operator will take you. The Cozumel reefs aren't man-made (well they do have a few things that have sunk, a plane, boats, ect.) and they do hold lots of fish. I have tons of pictures and a underwater video. Jaques Cousteau rated Cozumel one of the best coral reefs in the world. I hope you get to experiance Cozumel's reefs. The best way is by scuba if you can afford it.

You are right about going off the main "shop strip" to get the best prices. I barter pretty well and if you say you saw it somewhere else for cheaper they will usually lower their prices. I also tend to keep money in my right pocket to "show" them that's all I have (usually $10 or less in 1 $5 bill and 5 $1 bills.). If that doesn't work politely say no thanks and start to walk out, then they almost always say make me an offer.

The best "authentic" food is also off the beaten path.

How was the island since the hurricane?

i dont know, the snorkeling was not at all impressive to me. No coral to be found, at least nothing extensive

and when it comes to bartering, exact change is the key.

we wanted to get something at 3$, he finally agreed to it, and we give him a 5$ and he keeps the 5, we're like no where is our change. And he refuses to give it and says "5$ 5$"

so we just took the money back and he lost a sale

also the area was fine after the hurricane , didn't look too bad to me.

Great Review Clayful ! Loved the details you put into this

Glory is a ship I am looking at as I narrow down where to cruise next.

I live in Florida so it is in driving distance, and I like the itinerary and

the fact it is a newer ship. Sounds great. Glad you had such a good time!

Never heard of a "treasure hunt"?? Is this new or something unique to Glory? thanks

the treasure hunt is just a scavenger hunt =)

Clay, thanks so much for your details!

My husband and myself, along with my 3 boys (almost 16, almost 13 and almost 9) are going on the Glory to the Western Carib on 8/25. We booked two adjoining cabins (am in need of my sanity!! lol!) Will my ALMOST 16 year old be able to get into the teen "club?" Or should I just say he is already 16 (he won't be until October)?

Additionally, my husband and I are really into karaoke (we have to be... we have a karaoke/DJ company! lol), so any info. you can give me on that would be great (what time does it start, which days, how long does it last, and where does it take place).

We're also really into beaches and hate traveling with tour groups, so am curious where we should tell the cab driver to take us to in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize (is it true one should not venture outside the "gates?").

Oh, and one more question... any suggestions on where to go for the best Tequila prices?

Thanks so much!

Coofie,

Just saw your question on tequila.

We were in Coz in January, and rented a car and drove ourselves to the other side of the island. On the main road, there is now (it's fairly new) a tequila tour attraction.

Now, dh and I don't drink, but my sil and mil was with us, and we just were curious as to how tequila was made anyway, so we stopped in. Sil decided she wanted to buy some tequila for her daughter.

They hung these little itty bitty clay mugs around your neck, and you get to try each and every flavor of the tequila they make. Also, for your fee, you get some shots of alcohol, but I don't remember exactly because, as I said, we don't drink, so they gave us the tour for free. (we tipped $5 each). And you can buy the tequila. I must say, it sure was pretty, all of the colors.

You may be interested in this place. All I know is that there is a main road that goes through the island to the other side, which is well worth seeing, and on that road, on the left, is the tequila farm. You could probably even ask a local and they can tell you about it.

Shay

Thanks everyone for the information about the Talent Show. It's a bummer that it's gone, but that's okay. It's all good. It's better than bringing the guitar and drum on board for nothing :eek:!

I am excited for my turn... leaving tomorrow at 4:00 am!!

Additionally, my husband and I are really into karaoke (we have to be... we have a karaoke/DJ company! lol), so any info. you can give me on that would be great (what time does it start, which days, how long does it last, and where does it take place).

Thanks so much!

My friend (Dave Little) starts on the Glory this month and will be with the ship thru December 17th. He started with CCL on the Triumph and just left the Spirit to fill in on the Glory. On the Triumph last year there were almost 900 people in the lounge one night. From the pics I have seen of karaoke on the Glory the room looks much smaller than the one they used on Triumph....

He is awesome and a ton of fun - be sure to tell him that Dave and Betty cannot wait to see him on December 2!! Usually Karaoke is every night= although they sometimes get one night off. I will see if he can get me some details before you sail

CLAYFUL - thanks for the great review..I am looking forward to our sailing on the Glory in 108 days! wooohoooooooooooo

Clay, thanks so much for your details!

My husband and myself, along with my 3 boys (almost 16, almost 13 and almost 9) are going on the Glory to the Western Carib on 8/25. We booked two adjoining cabins (am in need of my sanity!! lol!) Will my ALMOST 16 year old be able to get into the teen "club?" Or should I just say he is already 16 (he won't be until October)?

We're also really into beaches and hate traveling with tour groups, so am curious where we should tell the cab driver to take us to in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize (is it true one should not venture outside the "gates?").

Oh, and one more question... any suggestions on where to go for the best Tequila prices?

Thanks so much!

i believe if he's 15 he's fine, its 14-16 i think.

Also the karaoke i believe starts on the first night in the blue room. It lasts almost every single day after 9:45pm.

UM, i can't give you any information on Cozumel beaches, we just went shopping downtown. COsta Maya you can go to the fishing village (i mentioned it in my review) and i believe you can jetski and go to the beach and all that, its very pretty. Belize... i dont know where the beaches are to be honest, i'd highly suggest doing cave tubing but your 9 year old MIGHT be too young.

And i can't give you much info either on the tequila =x , i had alot of rum this trip but not once tequila other than the boat

Archived