Q E 2, C5 and M1 cabins-

merecat

Can any of you Knowledgable people that know the queen well ,tell me if there is any significant difference between a C5 and a M1 cabin, besides position and restaurant ,I,m thinking of size etc.,facilities ,only haveing travelled in a M1 single ,I did try to peek into cabins but the ship being full made it difficult. Thanks in advance for replies.:)

if there is any significant difference between a C5 and a M1 cabin, besides position and restaurant

No. Put in a C5 or M1 cabin without knowing which it was it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to tell them apart. The C5s may have a bit more space - but in somewhere you'll be unlikely to use it - like in a corridor. And while I like the single sitting of Caronia I actually think the Mauretania restaurant is prettier - the food identical - and I've had better (and worse) service in Mauretania.

Peter

I like the single sitting of Caronia I actually think the Mauretania restaurant is prettier - the food identical - and I've had better (and worse) service in Mauretania.

Agreed, if you want the single seating though it doesn't matter how nice the Mauretania is. Thinking about it I've not eaten in the Mauretania since they moved it out of the Columbia, but the decor there is quite nice.

One other difference in the cabins: you can get C5's con two deck, M1's don't start until 3 deck. There are no C5's on five deck.

Agreed, if you want the single seating though it doesn't matter how nice the Mauretania is. Thinking about it I've not eaten in the Mauretania since they moved it out of the Columbia, but the decor there is quite nice.

One other difference in the cabins: you can get C5's con two deck, M1's don't start until 3 deck. There are no C5's on five deck.

I would take C-5 for the Caronia. It might trigger and upgrade to another C grade cabin. You also have the Caronia Restaurant, which was the ship original first class restaurant, Columbia.

I would take C-5 for the Caronia.

Thats really the only advantage of a C5 over an M1 - having tried both Caronia and Mauretania I'd probably choose Mauretania next time - but if you haven't yet tried Caronia it might be worth giving it a go.

Peter

I agree with the above poster - go for the C5 as it might trigger an upgrade to a higher C cabin.

FYI- the C2 and higher cabins are the original First Class cabins (with the nice woodwork, good locations, larger portholes)... always something to think about if you happen to get a sudden financial windfall.

That being said - I'd still rather sail in an M7 with three other passengers than stay home! - so book whatever you can and GO!

Bon Voyage!

-Michael

If flexible dinner time is important to you, Caronia is better =C5.

Mauretania is two seating (early & late)

Caronia is open seating, you have your assigned table so you will get the same waiter every night, but you just show up any time during the dinning room open hours.

Oh, supposely you get more choices in Caronia than Mauretania.

Some of the smaller C5 cabins (i.e. 2126 which I've stayed in) used to be M1 grade. I seem to remember they wanted to up the number of Caronia customers and did a spot of reclassifying around the mid nineties.

Archived