Staying on board for next cruise

fee&j

On our last cruise with Princess, we met a couple that told us if you check sometimes you can stay aboard for the next cruise at a very low rate. Does anyone know anything about this and how you would go about it. Thanks so much. Fiona:cool::)

You could check with the Purser's Desk, but I have to tell you, most cruises are booked to capacity anymore. If you happen to find one that isn't, then there is that chance.

It used to be that if the ship had available space for the next sailing you could get a great discount rate to stay onboard. Haven't heard of anyone doing this is quite a few years though, at least since 911.

My mother was on a back to back cruise in Asia a couple of years ago. Just before the first cruise was over they actually announced that if anyone wanted to stay on, to see the Purser's Desk. It was not only a great rate, but they would re-due the flights as well. I told her that if they did the same thing at the end of her second cruise she should jump at the chance. Unfortunately they didn't. :(

I think it probably has to do with the itinerary. Virtually all cruises leaving from the U.S. are full, but those in other parts of the world often are not at capacity. It never hurts to ask! :eek:

In 2003 we were on a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise on HAL's Noordam. A couple of days before we returned to port, we got a handout in our cabin announcing they were looking for people interested in staying aboard and traveling across the Atlantic. The prices were very good, $400 for an inside cabin and $600 for outside cabin for what I think was a 14 day cruise ending in Europe (I don't remember what ports). We couldn't take advantage of it although I still wish we could have pulled it off.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived