Parking at NYC port and having family pickup your vehicle... anybody ever do this?

Preds

My brother in law lives in Weehawken, NJ, just across from the port. We are planning on parking our car at the port and having him pick it up later in the day on Sunday and having him park our vehicle it as his place, and picking us up when we get back.

Has anyone ever done this? I know the port makes you prepay parking, can you pay for just 1 day and have the vehicle picked up?

We'd normally just pick him up on the way to the port, but he's out of town and flying back Sunday afternoon.

You would have to park in the daily lot and not the cruise lot. It might be a few piers down. I have not done this but I imagine you wil have to leave the parking ticket in the car and give him details on the location of the car.

Might

You would have to park in the daily lot and not the cruise lot. It might be a few piers down. I have not done this but I imagine you wil have to leave the parking ticket in the car and give him details on the location of the car.

Might be easier to have him drop you in the first place

Problem is, he's out of town till Sunday afternoon (I think I posted that at the end). Thus we're trying to fogure out of he can just pickup the vehicle later in the day.

But thx for the reply!

Unless BIL needs the car for transport from the airport, why not drop the car off at his house and take a shuttle to the cruise pier?

You COULD run into all kinds of problems depending on how diligent security is at the parking lot: Just one that comes to mind-The car is registered to you, he has a different name and address. He can't get the car out of the parking lot, so you pay for parking for the entire time anyhow. Would you want just anyone (not meaning your BIL, but anyone else) getting your car out of the lot??? If it happened, would be pretty disgusting security.

How is he going to get the keys??? I think this idea is more hassle than its worth. JMHO.

Archived