NCL upgrade at the pier question

JBuffettPH

We have sailed a bunch on celebrity and Royal Caribbean and uprgaded our room at the pier before embarcation on several occasions. We are considering booking on NCL Star for a Mexican Rivera crusie out of Los Angeles in Feb 2007 but were wondering how NCL handles upgrading at the pier?

Has anyone done this and if so what is the cost others have encountered trying to do this? (please let us know what type of stateroom you were moving from/to)

Thanks,

I was about to say the same thing as Shoreguy. In facat many of the ships regardless of lines are leaving out almost full these days with very little chance for ungrades. If you are talking about an upgrade for a few more dollars, let your travel agent know you want to be considered. NMNita

I am talking about an upgrade I pay for at the pier. On my last cruise 2 years ago on Celebrity I inquired at the pier and we had an outside reserved and for $300 they would give us a balcony, $450 a balcony concierge class, $750 would have gotten me a penthouse suite. but these prices were MUCH less than what I would have had to pay outright had I booked when I made my reservation.

How does the upsell call go? Do they offer a discounted price for the upgrade? Less than it would cost to book that category now?

I am totally new to Norwegian and greatly appretiate your thoughtful responses Thank you NMN, Shoreguy.

We were also considering a guarantee. While I will be quite happy if we travel in the category the guarantee is for (otherwise one shouldnt book one!!) what has the experience been regarding cabin assignments of guarantees.

Do they call customers who purchased guarantees and offer a paid upgrade?

What has been the experience of cabin assignments on guarantees for NCL?

Thanks

I am talking about an upgrade I pay for at the pier. On my last cruise 2 years ago on Celebrity I inquired at the pier and we had an outside reserved and for $300 they would give us a balcony, $450 a balcony concierge class, $750 would have gotten me a penthouse suite. but these prices were MUCH less than what I would have had to pay outright had I booked when I made my reservation.

How does the upsell call go? Do they offer a discounted price for the upgrade? Less than it would cost to book that category now?

I am totally new to Norwegian and greatly appretiate your thoughtful responses Thank you NMN, Shoreguy.

We were also considering a guarantee. While I will be quite happy if we travel in the category the guarantee is for (otherwise one shouldnt book one!!) what has the experience been regarding cabin assignments of guarantees.

What has been the experience of cabin assignments on guarantees for NCL?

Thanks

Like any other line, gty is a gamble: we have chosen it twice: once we did get upgraded, the other time we got a cabin assignment that day and no upgrade. NMnita

Thanks

Upsell very similar to your experience pier side expect in advance. They offer an outside to balcony. mini, or penthouse for a reduce fee. Normally it is in the range of 50% of the difference of the new cabins current rate and what you paid for your cabin. The less you paid the bigger the uplift. Very close to sailing if things open up they can get much more aggressive on the price

Many have gone from outside to Balconies for $100 pp.

Archived