Miracle Extended Balcony??

Sunset Brat

We just received our docs and assigned cabin # and we have an extended balcony. Our room # is 7260 on the Miracle. We are close to the elevators but are more concerned about the "unidentified" space on one side of our room - it's not another room, no description according to the deck plans - (located behind the elevators and on one side wall of our cabin . . . what the heck is this????? My husband says it is a "UFO" . . . unidentified floating orifice!!!!!:eek:

We would like the extended balcony but don't know what we're "up against!!!" haha!!

If anyone has been in any of the "extended cabins aft" on Miracle, pls. let us know if we should try to switch rooms or if we're lucky to have the one we got!!!

Thanks!

I checked out the deck plans because we have been on the Miracle, but we were in a mid/forward area of the ship on deck 9.

You are so right, from the drawing that does look like it could be a balcony. I would be interested to know if that drawing is correct, what a great spot!:D Keep us posted. maybe someone on the board has been in that room or a room like it aand will see you post.

We have 7258 on the Mircale this coming Sunday. From some other post I have seen it is a storage closet for the stewards. Plus the balcony is about 3 times as long as a regular extended balcony. We picked that cabin because of people talking on these boards. I will post a reveiw when we return. I have seen some pics posted around here too of the balcony and about how big it is.

We cruised the Miracle in June and had an extended balcony for four of us. We absolutely loved it! There was enough room for our daughter to play with her toys, two of us to relax in the loungers, and then some room. Don't change your extended cabin! The empty spot you see is storage. Even being by the elevators we never heard noise of any kind. Enjoy your cruise. I wish I could be there again!

It's not only extended, it's VERY long too. We were in a similar cabin on the Legend and it was WONDERFUL. We had 3 cabins in a row and had the dividers open - we had lots of lounge chairs and tables, etc. The room in between is storage or something that the room stewarts use but we never heard any noise from there. You'll LOVE it.

Actually, 7260 is a handicapped cabin, thus the long balcony. Our son and his new wife had that same cabin for their honeymoon. It was great, but be prepared for the accomodations made for the physically handicapped. The shower is more open with a handrail. There is a small ramp leading to the balcony door to allow wheelchair use. Our son & DIL are deaf so did not need all the special features, but Carnival was great in supplying them with the flashing door knocker, closed captioning for the TV, etc.

We had room #6234 on the pride (same location, one deck down). The area next is where the stewards go through. We used to joke every morning about the "changing of the guards". Several times the carts slammed into the wall where our heads were. We just had to laugh about it. Let me just say...the balcony was HUGE!!!! We hosted 2 cruise critic parties with our neighbors!

I will have an extended balcony in november on the miracle. I'm so excited!!! I was a little nervous at first of what it was but after days of searching in these groups I was able to find pictures (like the one linked in a previous post on this thread) and I am SOOOO excited! These boards are AWESOME!

The only problem we had was hearing chairs scraping on the lido deck just above us, but it wasn't that annoying.

I booked an extended again on my next cruise, but one deck lower. Our PVP recommended the one on the Miracle, and when I told her how much we enjoyed it, she got us another one!

Thank you sallyb and montekat for the pictures and info on the Miracle extended balcony! We are keeping the room and can hardly wait to see it for ourselves. This looks like a great room. The extra space in the shower is a bonus since I think the regular size shower is a LITTLE too small!!:)

We're relieved to find out it's a nice room and the UFO is storage space.

We checked some other sites for cruise info and Cruise Critic has the best info by far!!

Archived