New Orleans boarding - which hotel prestay?

lehall

Hello...will try my first cruise from Port of New Orleans (NCL SUN).

It looks like if I book a Marriott hotel by the convention center - and have just carry-on - I could walk over to board?

Did I miss something? Would it be that easy?

Anybody have experience with PONO?

lehall,

Although the Marriott is a very nice hotel and relatively close to the dock, I would suggest you try the Hilton which is right on the river. The dock is a few blocks down and a few blocks over if coming from the Marriott on Canal Street. Depending on the weather, it may or may not be so nice of a walk. I believe there are a few hotels on Convention Center Blvd across the street from the Hilton that may also work better than the Marriott. Make sure you let us know about your experience on the Sun. We will be sailing on her the week of 2/18/07. Have a great time on your cruise.

Roxanne

The Marriott by the Convention Center is probably the closest hotel to the cruise ships and certainly within walking distance. Having opened in the past year, just about the newest, also. I've walked farther with tons of luggage (ok, the big suitcase is on wheels).

There is also a Courtyard on Julia which is also an easy walk.

Also a Holiday Inn Select... and... and...

pic?id=5d00FVPhZ4a-9yprDMauOJVzON410huul1yav4xQp5Fd3Ig=&size=l

VuVqJIzgGoHxI5J3ruP3mPvfVOVCzWKt0300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed at the Chateau Lemoyne and Dauphine Orleans on Dauphine St. in the French Quarter- had a great experience at both places. We took a cab from the hotel to PONO. The LeMoyne is a Holiday Inn hotel and very clean- they staff was great as well. Wasn't too pricey either. The Dauphine is a little more 'NOLA' a smaller hotel, but little perks like turn down service at night and complimentary drinks. Both of these hotels are right next to each other and have balcony rooms looking over the street. Great for people watching!

Archived