New Orleans Pre-stay

lehall

Will be staying the night before a cruise from the Port of New Orleans.

Anybody with suggestions? More importantly, could I stay at a convention hotel and just walk over to the dock?

Or is that too easy? perhaps security issues?

thanks!

Take a cab to the pier. Stay anywhere in the French Quarter, Convention Center or CBD. These areas are pretty close so the ride won't be that far. Canal Street would be a good middle area. Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton

We stayed Hilton-Riverside and enjoyed walking along the river and seeing the Conquest when it came in. It is connected to a mall that was nice to stroll in. It was a few blocks to the French Quarter but very doable.

If you are going to explore the French Quarter--stay there. Not sure when yo uare sailing but my favorite hotel is theMaison Dupuy. Corner of Toulose and Burgundy--a few blocks off of Bourbon and a great old hotel.

THey have a special that I am using on a pre stay for my Fantasy Cruise in October.

Here is a link to my page that will have the info on the hotel

http://www.tripso.com/cruise/

Will be staying the night before a cruise from the Port of New Orleans.

Anybody with suggestions? More importantly, could I stay at a convention hotel and just walk over to the dock?

Or is that too easy? perhaps security issues?

thanks!

Depends. Are you wanting a hotel that is close to the French Quarter and restaurants? Or do you want a more less expensive hotel that is a cab ride from everything? Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Let me know, and I can make some hotel and restaurant recommendations. I do eat here a lot, and I love the food. I am a New Orleans girl!

• 3 weeks later...

Experience the French Quarter- you can catch a taxi from your hotel to the peir. We've stayed at the Chateau LeMoyne and Dauphine Orleans- both located on Dauphine Street- right next to each other. Both hotels we nice, clean, and staff were friendly.

The Hampton Inn Convention Center has a cruise special. You need to ask for Sara at 504-293-1200 weekdays during business hours for the special. I believe they still have a shuttle to take you to the port.

Archived