Clay Clayton, can you help with restaurant?

TexJan

Need help picking a restaurant within walking distance of Mallory Square for a wedding party of 8-10 and you were recommended. We are coming in on a cruise and would like to eat near the ship just to save the hassel of getting several taxis. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I live in Key West and can give you some help, too.

How much $$$ do you want to spend? What meal are you trying to plan, lunch or dinner?

A FABULOUS restaurant that is pricey for dinner is One Duval, at the Pier House resort, 1 Duval Street, 305-296-4600. The restaurant is on the water and the food is great. The ambiance is very nautical, but expensive. My husband and I eat there only a few times a year. We usually get some drinks, an appetizer, salad, dinner, and a dessert for one...the bill after a tip is usually over $170.00 (for just the 2 of us). Just a few more blocks away is another good restaurant, A&B Lobster House, 700 Front St, 305-294-5880, again kind of pricey but good food and a great cigar bar that you walk through to get into the restaurant.

In order to find the distances for your self and family to review to make sure you're comfortable walking it, just go to any map site online and punch in these addresses. I can say that a central point that all the ships dock near is the Hilton Key West, 245 Front Street, Key West, FL 33040

Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like. :)

• 1 month later...

Louie's Backyard. One of the most memorable meals of my life. Food was beyond perfection and the view was fabulous.

It is about a 3 minute cab ride,at most. I know you were looking for someplace to walk to,but Louie's would be worth it.

Right at Mallory Square is a great Cuban place with fabulous live music that starts at 4. It's El Meson de Pepe's. It's moderately priced with lots of ambiance. If you've never eaten Cuban food this might be a fun place for your party. The inside dining room can easily handle any size group. If you wish to sit outside they can do large parties with advance reservations.

The Hilton also operates a place over on Sunset Key, a free 25 minute water taxi ride from the Hilton at Pier B.. It's called Latitudes. It's a little pricey but the view is amazing and the food is good too.

A great place also is Appondonza on Simonton .It's Italian cuisine. Great food. great price and they give you a ton of food. Its a Taxi Ride and you can get a Van taxi that can fit all of you. Taxi's are reasonable.Micheals is a great restarant. If you want a fun experience, go to Blue Moon in Bahama Village. Great food and a hoot!! Youcan dine alfresco of inside. Get there early though.

Archived