Anyone on AOS on 11/5/06 with toddler?

lg662

My husband is getting "cold feet" about bringing our 27 month old on this cruise. My 9 year old would love to cruise again, but our other little guy might just be too much of a handful. We have been on several cruises and LOVE it, but will this just be too hard with a 2 year old? Is there anyone else going on this cruise with a child too young for the Adventure Ocean programs? We have a GREAT cabin booked 1688 and initially were thinking that we could enjoy our SUPER big balcony while he naps and our other son participates in the kid's programs. But, are we being unrealistic about how hard it will be with a VERY BUSY two year old? We only have a few days before final payment is due so we need to make a decision soon. We will also have to pay a $400 (total) change fee for our airline tickets (booked on our own). My husband says, I'd rather lose the $400 dollars than spend 10 times that on a cruise that we just can't enjoy! Please provide some feedback. I am hoping there will be others in our position on this cruise!

I am sure you will get pro and con responses. This is my experience. We did a family cruise (only 3 nights) last nov. when our grandaughter was 3 weeks shy of her 2nd birthday(23months). We had a good time, but my daughter said never again with a 2-yr-old and there were 3 grandparents on board to help! However, when the rubber hit the road, it is still Mommy and Daddy who bear most of the "burden". I would leave your little guy home for this cruise. In a couple of years, if he goes, you will ALL have a wonderful time. On aforementioned cruise, 5-yr-old grandson had a terrific time in AO...I think he would have slept there if it was allowed!!

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best on your cruise!

One other bit of info. They do the Aqua-Tots program for 18-36 mos. This is held once a day, usually in the morning in one of the lounges. The session consists of one of the AO staff interacting with the little ones using a selection of Fisher-Price toys on a big mat on the floor. The session lasts about 45mins. to an hour and the child must be accompanied by a parent or adult care-giver. Other than this, it is pretty much up to you to keep that busy 2-yr-old occupied. At night, they do provide in-cabin babysitting for a fee.

Archived