Motivation

Pop Tart

So, after losing a bit and getting to size 16 I became a bit lax in my good habits - I started back into the old bad ones. So I began thinking about all the great things that happen with weight loss other than looking great for a cruise:) I decided to compile a list even if it sounds silly and keep it tucked away mentally. Maybe some of you can add on??

1. Turning my head to back up the car, lane changes, etc. It's easier without the added roll at the back of my neck!

2. I can breath easier

3. The stairs aren't as difficult

4. Certain ....ahem .....positions are easier;)

5. I'm starting to see cheekbones:)

6. I start to see that little dip in my upper arm where I might see a muscle

7. I have better shape to my legs

Hmmmm, there has to be more!

Pop Tart

I remember the shock (& pleasure!) I felt one day when I actually RAN across my front yard because it was raining - without even realizing I was doing it, til I did it! Wasn't out of breath, either!

Oh, and my tummy isn't still there when I lie on my back! :rolleyes: (That's when I knew I was way too fat - when my tummy still stuck out when lying down!)

Thanks for this thread pop tart - I needed the reminder, too!

Sha

So, after losing a bit and getting to size 16 I became a bit lax in my good habits - I started back into the old bad ones. So I began thinking about all the great things that happen with weight loss other than looking great for a cruise:) I decided to compile a list even if it sounds silly and keep it tucked away mentally. Maybe some of you can add on??

1. Turning my head to back up the car, lane changes, etc. It's easier without the added roll at the back of my neck!

2. I can breath easier

3. The stairs aren't as difficult

4. Certain ....ahem .....positions are easier;)

5. I'm starting to see cheekbones:)

6. I start to see that little dip in my upper arm where I might see a muscle

7. I have better shape to my legs

being able to grow old with my wife.

Being confident in everything I do

Loving life more and being able to get more out of it.

when I look at food that isn't good for me I ask myself, what is this going to do for my over all health? usually nothing.

Yes, flvol77, loving life more is a great benefit!!!!

I look forward to many, many years with my husband!

I have found that the more I look after myself, the more confident I feel, and the better my attitude. I'm trying to pay more attention to the long term benefits of weight loss, but the short term goals really do pay off for giving yourself a pat on the back.

The very small, everyday things that slimmer, fit individuals take for granted seem to make me more aware of the changes in my own body and I'm very grateful that I'm aware of them. It makes the challenges of weight-loss a bit easier to take.

Another little one:

I can bend over much easier to tie my own shoe laces:)

Pop Tart

Archived