Thanksgiving Dinner in Miami

pambo

Do you want to have turkey and all the sides? If so, I have no idea where you will find that in Miami, but if you just want a fabulous meal, I would recommend Escopazzo ini Miami Beach, or North One 10 in Miami. If you would like to stuff yourself with food that is better than what you will find on your cruise, I would recommend Texas de Brazil Churrascaria in Miami. If you want a beautiful view, and don't really care about the food, I would recommend Mendoza also in Miami. I am not sure if any of these places are open on Thanksgiving, but most restaurants are.

For an old fashioned Miami Beach sort of meal, I would go to The Rascal House on Collins Ave at about 170th St. It's very 50's with a Miami Beach atmosphere, and the food was quite good a few months ago when I was there, even though it is not quite as wonderful as when Wolfie Cohen was alive and running the place. I think their turkey with stuffing is a real local favorite, my husband always orders that when we are in Miami. They still have great pastry and world famous cheesecake and bobbka. For a Cuban treat, try Padrinos on Hallandale Beach Blvd., they may not have a standard turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, but their meals are really tasty.

Questions? Don't be shy, just write and ask.

Have a terrific trip

Bo

Thanks for the tips! I don't necessarily think we're locked into the whole traditional turkey dinner - just looking for some great food - nice atmosphere. We'd like to stay away from the typical "tourist" restaurants - go more where the locals go. I really appreciate your suggestions. I will follow up with the restaurants.

Pam

I second Texas De Brazil....

I only wish we were arriving in FLL earlier so we could go back again. :rolleyes:

It was one of the most fantastic meals I have ever eaten. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and very entertaining having the gouchos slicing meats on the spot.

I always look to see if they have one in any city I visit.

Check out their website

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

For a great meal at a restaurant where locals eat, you could try Fleming A Touch of Denmark (not the Fleming’s that’s part of a chain); this one is just off South Dixie Highway on S.W. 136 Street, so it may be a bit of a trip for you, depending on where you’re staying. The food is delicious, and plentiful, and their deserts are remarkable. I don’t know for sure whether they’ll be open on Thanksgiving, but if so you’ll need to make reservations. It's always my first choice when we're going out for dinner to celebrate anything.

I can't suggest a specific restaurant but you can give cuban food a try. Cuban holiday food is yummy. It's usually lechon - roasted pork that marinated with garlic and sour orange. Rice and black beans, yucca, plantains. If you haven't tried it, it would be a nice change.

Now i'm hungry :(

Oh, I love Cuban food. One of our dear friends is Cuban. She and her mom are fantastic cooks. I know there are so many options....just so little time! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Perricone's is a cute Italian restaurant just off of Brickell, which is the banking/business area near downtown. Perricone's is good, but not fantastic, and certainly not the best meal option in the area. You can do a lot better.

I think the restaurants in the Mandarin Oriental, which is on Brickell and around the corner from there, would be better options for ambience and food. Cafe Sambal, the less formal/pricey of the two, is quite good. You also have Porcao on Brickell. Just like Texas de Brasil, it's a Brazilian Churrasqueria (all you can eat meat, with very elaborate salad bar) but it's closer to the port of Miami than Texas de Brasil in Kendall. For a meal next to the Port, go to Bayside (very touristy outdoor shopping center, like Riverwalk) and eat at Los Ranchos, a very good Nicaraguan steak house with a nice view of the bay. Or if you don't mind traveling a bit, head to the Rusty Pelican on Key Biscayne if it's open for Thanksgiving, or Cacao in Coral Gables for a fab meal.

Or if you don't mind traveling a bit, head to the Rusty Pelican on Key Biscayne if it's open for Thanksgiving, .

Probably the best thing about the Rusty Pelican is its view. It's on the water with a terrific view of the Miami skyline, and at the right times you can see some really nice sunsets.

Archived