Anyone recently on Fantasy 4 night?

MaryAnnKacz

Taking this cruise on 8-24. I have a few question for any recent cruisers. When is formal night, since we are in port 2nd and 3rd night? Also, is there a night time deck party any of the nights? Also, how is Half Moon Cay for children? And lastly, anyone use Camp Carnival for the 2-5 year old group? Just wondered how their kids liked it.

Hi- I had my sail on July 27th-31

I will try and help you in some of the questions I know, but I know others will assist as well.

Formal Night- for us the night before our last day...I think it was a Saturday night though....I didnt throughly participate in the photos and all and dressing up to the nines- sorry......:confused: and :o

Deck Party - was the Mexican Fiesta for us..I do not know if they change it up at each sail which is a good question.

We did not get to stop in HMC- sited for bad weather,,, but from other reviews, it is nice calm waters and good for kids.

Sorry- didnt need the Carnival Camp

tahiti:p

Formal night is the second night of the cruise. Yes, that's the day you're in Nassau, but I think the ship departs Nassau around 6 or 7 pm. A late dinner seating is better for this b/c it maximizes the time you spend in Nassau. If you have an early seating, you're going to have to be back on board early in order shower change, attend the Captain's party (free cocktails) and make it to dinner.

I took a tour of Camp Carnival but we didn't bring our kids. We were just checking it out for next time. It looked really nice and the ladies in there were extremely polite. I think it's probably better for kids who are old enough to watch movies and play video games. They do have plenty of activities but I'm thinking my 2 year-old would not fare as well as my 5 year-old.

Half Moon Cay is outstanding for kids. There is a huge section of the beach devoted to kids. There are slides and large floating (yet tethered) structures for them to climb on. All the kids I saw, in all age ranges, were having a blast. Also, there are lifeguards on the beach so that tends to make parents feel safer when their kids are in the water.

If you get a chance, check out my Cruise Review from June. There should be a link in my signature below.

Archived