I almost hate to ask this......

After reading about the "new" alcohol policy, which is not really so new, I have not read anywhere if I can pre order a bottle or 2 for my room from RCL. The info may be out there, but the threads h ave become so long I can;t find it.

Celebrity still allows this as does HAL. If I can order from RCL , where is the list and pricing?

Thanks

Next up Jewel of the Seas Oct 31 2006

Thanks

RCL site only showing wine and champagne, so not sure if that has changed in the past week since they are enforcing their rules.

I have fired an email off to Crown and Anchor email addy.

Clicked on the other links, but as we are embarking from Boston looks a little sketchy.

Since RCI is supplying the wine, I don't see why it would be covered under the no bringing alcohol onboard rule.

If you're talking about liquor, I don't recall ever being able to pre-order it, and you can't even buy it on board the first day any more.

Ordered a bottle of rum and cokes from room service on HAL. Also several bottles of wine & ice for a party on RCCL. The leftover wine was kept on ice by our cabin steward (didn't ask for this to be done) until it was consumed (NOS Oct 05). I was just on Majesty of the Seas and altho I didn't bring anything, I don't think it would have been confiscated in checked luggage. Carry on maybe.

I was just on Majesty of the Seas and altho I didn't bring anything, I don't think it would have been confiscated in checked luggage. Carry on maybe.

(sorry GLBT, nothing personal)

If you are going to smuggle alcohol follow the inverse of this advice!

I have nver had a problem getting alcohol onboard if I put it in my checked luggage but I have read plenty of posts, and heard plenty of on board cruisers, relay how alcohol was confiscated from their carry-on luggage when boarding.

Just an FYI.

Also, if you are going to order wine from a service other than gifts and gear - I wonder if you would be charged a corkage fee, on top of what you paid for it, in the dining room....:confused:

If you are strictly going to drink it in your room then, no worries.

Enjoy & Happy Cruising!

Okay so never could order bar set up? I guess since you can on Celebrity(same company) I thought maybe you could on RCL

You can't preorder it as you can on X, but you certainly can purchase it aboard for about the same price as X charges.

Rick

Archived