beverages included?

jetstorm

First, I appoligize for asking a question you've probably answered many times over, but my ancient computer and the forum seach button are not getting along so...

Can someone please tell me what beverages are included in the cruise price at meals and in general? Is there any free water or can I bring bottled water from home?

The water in the cabins is actually pretty good as it is filtered -- better than your local water.

As for drinks "between meals," the buffet is open 24/7 so that you can get water, tea, coffee, etc. at any time. You can also order them via room service.

Thanks.

For those of you that have brought on bottled water, how did you do this, in a suitcase, by the case? How much can you bring?

What about drinks between meals, are any free?

We brought as case of water on the ship with us last month. We just put a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porters. It was delivered with the rest of our luggage...so easy!

Iced tea, water, coffee and hot tea are available 'round the clock...not just with meals.

I also suggest bringing the individual drink packets (like Crystal Light On the Go) to put in your water bottles. This way you have a little variety. Worked great for us!

thechandlers99

Thanks, I may bring a case as well as we drink a lot of water. I was wondering if you could put a luggage label on it.

Do they serve beverages in disposible cups or washable ones? If washable, can you take them to your cabin?

thechandlers99

Thanks, I may bring a case as well as we drink a lot of water. I was wondering if you could put a luggage label on it.

Do they serve beverages in disposible cups or washable ones? If washable, can you take them to your cabin?

No problem putting the luggage tag on the case of water. I was a little concerned that the plastic would rip open but it was not a problem.

They serve the drinks in washable cups so you can take them back to the room and wash them if you like! No one will stop you.

We use one of those big plastic cartons you can buy at Home Depot and pack it with bottled water (my hubby gets a bad reaction from the water onboard so he makes his own coffee and tea), Pepsi (Princess sells coke products), the flavored water that my daughter likes, plus the stuff for making the coffee and tea. We tape it up and slap a cabin sticker on it. Always makes it to our cabin.

Another thing you can do is to order a pot of coffee and a pitcher of juice from room service for breakfast. The room service menu is generally free, plus a tip. If you have a balcony room, it is relaxing to enjoy juice or coffee on your balcony.

There is always bottled water and cans of Coke products, as well as alcoholic beverages for sale. I don't know the current price, but I would guess $1.50 plus the 15 percent tip that is mandatory on bought products.

Some ships have coffee always available at each bar that actually is supposed to be better than the food court. Some ships also have upgraded coffee products for sale a la Starbucks imitation. There is always some beverage available if you look for it. Juices served at the bars are charged but sometimes fresh squeezed. There is always a charge for sodas, unless you get the all week soda card (around $30) which will get you all the fountain soda you desire at any bar or dining location, but you will still be charged for bottled water or cans of soda. There is no fountain soda that I have ever found while on Princess Cays.

Hope this helps!

One other thing you can do is order a bottle of wine for dinner and have them put any unused portion in the cooler until you request it in the dining room the next night.

Archived