Legend Cabin Question

stokerhj

I'm just beginning to plan my Legend cruise for December.

Cabin question- I will be booking my first balcony, so I want to make the most of it. I would prefer to pay no more than for a cat 8C, however. So, given the choice of buying an 8C on the main deck in the back of the ship, or booking a guarantee to possibly get on a higher deck, but not as nice location, which would you choose? I have romantic notions of the view from the back, but is the experience lessened by the low location?

Thanks!

I think you should be fine with an 8C. I booked an 8A guarantee on the Legend, but then couldn't stand not knowing where I was going to end up since I usually book a specific cabin. When the price dropped, my TA called Carnival and got us into an 8I extended balcony almost next to the aft elevators. Love that TA! :D If I remember correctly, the 8C should be an extended balcony too. Being toward the back of the ship makes it convenient to take those elevators up to the buffet or down to the dining room. It worked great for us!

If it isn't too much of a price difference I would take the 8C. That is a truly wonderful location and you won't run the risk of getting something you won't be as happy with.

I would go with the guarantee myself. I feel it's worth the money savings. The added excitement of not knowing just how far you were going to be upgraded was WILD :) ..... and we were eventually upgraded from a balc guarantee to an 8H.

I would go with the guarantee myself. I feel it's worth the money savings. The added excitement of not knowing just how far you were going to be upgraded was WILD :) ..... and we were eventually upgraded from a balc guarantee to an 8H.

We have done a 'guaranteed balcony' for the Aug 29 Conquest sailing....we are REALLY hoping to get bumped up a few levels from the basic 8A.

I have been happy doing the guaranteed status in the past....worst they can do is give you the least and I have actually been happily surprised on 2 occassions.

congratulations on such a big bump!

If you are interested in an aft cabin for a coming cruise you better jump on it as these cabins sell out quickly= and there isnt many of them at all.

8 C will get you on the upper deck. Sandwhcihed between cabins and not public rooms. (do not take the main deck as they are inside cabins on the aft.

Sailing on the aft you get no ocean breezes -even while sailing. It can be pretty darn hot back there. Its also a further walk to the elevator. But the hallways are quieter.

Also, the balconies in the aft are stepped so the people on top of your balcony can look into yours since the 8C is the bottom one. (it was no big deal to me. For us-its the only way to sail.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I favor the idea of booking an aft cabin. You are right that they will probably sell out quickly. Unfortunately, my husband tells me I have to hold off booking for a few weeks so he can have a better picture of what his work schedule will be like that month. I most likely won't have a choice other than to go with the guarantee option. Not that I'm complaining, any room with a balcony sounds great to me!

Archived