Waiter reccommendation aboard POA this month.

david2673

Hello all,

My wife and I just returned from a trip aboard the Pride of Hawaii. We had a great time and were extremely fortunate to have exemplary service onboard and especially in the dining room. We HIGHLY recommend asking for a server named Lauran Walker when you make your reservations onboard. She is amazing. After the first night we cancelled all of our other reservations at the specialty restaurants and booked a table in her section every night. You will not be disappointed. By the way the reason I am posting here is she was moved to the Pride of America for a month. This is very fortunate for those of you on this cruise. Have a great trip and if you do have Lauran for a server Please say Hello from Dave and Sue.

For those of you on the Pride of America Aug 19 or 26 I just wanted to follow up on my last post. On our July 31st NCLA cruise we were treated to amazing service from the vast majority of the staff. But I must reiterate the exceptional service received in the dining room. My wife an I love to travel and we have dined at some of the best and some of the worst restaurants in the world. We have NEVER had service like that we received onboard a NCLA ship from Lauran Walker. Some examples...

My wife mentioned in conversation that she liked chocolate macadamia nuts. Well Lauran disappeared for about 10 minutes. It turned out that she ran all over the ship to 5 different restaurants to try and find some. There were a couple of elderly ladies seated next to us and one was having difficulty cutting her meat with the knife provided. She requested a sharper steak knife. No knife was provided, instead the plate was removed from the table and was taken to the kitchen. It almost immediately returned with the meat carved and nicely presented. At breakfast while dining at the buffet, Lauran would always stop by with my wifes favorite pastries straight out of the oven. I could go on and on, but if you really want to make you trip special request Lauran Walker as your waiter when you make your reservations the first day. And make sure you specify a particular waiter to the maitre'd when you arrive for dinner on the first night.

You will have a fantastic cruise if you receive service half as good as we did on our trip.

David

Archived