Viking Cruise

CruisersX2

Thanks to all that have gone before, for all of the great information you have shared.

Does anyone happen to know if any of the hotels have washers and dryers in them.? I found that most have Laundry Services, but we were thinking we could do some of our own laundry.

We're taking the Imperial Jewels of China tour with a front end addition of Hong Kong and Guilin in mid September. Will be cruising on the Viking Century Sky. Going to Hong Kong first is presenting a bit of a "shopping" dilemma in that we'll have to carry what we buy for the remainder of the trip...Has this been a problem for anyone?

We are in the process of completing our Hepititas innoculations, also got a Tetanus booster and took Typhiod pills (all recommended). We were also given Cipro for stomach issues that might arise. Is this a problem if you're careful about the water and what you eat?

We just got back from the same tour, except we did Hong Kong at the end. We found prices to be much better in mainland China. We bought a few framed pictures and carried them home, and we bought 2 silk carpets in Hong Kong, but overall the prices were better in China. I would suggest shipping anything big, and carry everything else in your carryon luggage. We had 4 pieces of carry on by the end of the trip. Our doctor recommended Cipro only if we became very ill. He had me on a preventative antibiotic, and I didn't get sick. We had the shots you did, except no one recommended Typhoid meds. We had the hepatitis and tetnus booster.

Thanks to all that have gone before, for all of the great information you have shared.

Does anyone happen to know if any of the hotels have washers and dryers in them.? I found that most have Laundry Services, but we were thinking we could do some of our own laundry.

We're taking the Imperial Jewels of China tour with a front end addition of Hong Kong and Guilin in mid September. Will be cruising on the Viking Century Sky. Going to Hong Kong first is presenting a bit of a "shopping" dilemma in that we'll have to carry what we buy for the remainder of the trip...Has this been a problem for anyone?

We are in the process of completing our Hepititas innoculations, also got a Tetanus booster and took Typhiod pills (all recommended). We were also given Cipro for stomach issues that might arise. Is this a problem if you're careful about the water and what you eat?

Hi

We just returned from the Viking Sun, I suggest you look at the viking china board, It should answer most of your questions

We also bought two rugs. One we bought off the floor and the other is being made custon to match the other one, There is no extra charge to customise the rug, If you see a rug you like and don't like the colors they will customise it for you - takes about 3 months

Irv

Hi

We just returned from the Viking Sun, I suggest you look at the viking china board, It should answer most of your questions

We also bought two rugs. One we bought off the floor and the other is being made custon to match the other one, There is no extra charge to customise the rug, If you see a rug you like and don't like the colors they will customise it for you - takes about 3 months

Irv

None of the hotels had washer-dryers that I stayed at. For reference, the hotels I was at were:

Beijing - Shangri-la Beijing

Shanghai - Westin

Xian - Shangri-la

Some of the hotels do have small packets of laundry detergent available from housecleaning if you would like to do some small loads in your sink. This is something I did when a shirt or two needed to be washed and didn't have to be worn right away.

Archived