How to get from Miami to Port Everglades?

Bruin Steve

Okay...I'm still planning this out for almost 11 months from now...

To recap, we're basically doing three vacations in one...back-to-back-to-back...

We're doing a 7 night cruise on the RCCL Liberty of the Seas out of Miami...Following that up with an 8 night cruise on the Carnival Liberty out of Port Everglades...and then comes 5 nights at Disney up in Orlando...

I figure we'll just hop a cab (about $25, right?) from Miami Airport to the RCCL cruise...

When we leave the Carnival cruise, we'll rent a car to drive to Orlando...

The only real question left in the "transportation" department is how to get from the pier in Miami to the pier in Port Everglades...and how much that should cost???

There will be just the two of us...and a lot of luggage...

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

· I-595 is an East/West Interstate with connections to I-95, the Florida Turnpike, U.S. 1, State Road 7 (441), I-75 and the Sawgrass Expressway.

· Take I-595 East straight into Port Everglades.

· Once in Port Everglades, I-595 becomes Eller Drive/10th Avenue.

· At the traffic light, proceed straight on 10th Avenue. You will approach a sign with instructions that will direct you to the ship's assigned terminal.

· The entrance to the Midport Parking Garage will be located on the left side of 10th Avenue.

Steve, many people have posted that there are plenty of van drivers at the Miami piers looking for customers. You should be able to get them to take you to PE for under fifty bucks. These are freelancers, not regular taxis.

You could also contact http://www.larryslimo.com

You could also find some new friends on your cruise who are flying out of FLL and share a ride.

Archived