Cmon Smugglers! Let me know Your best/funniest way you brought nono's aboard..

ok with everybody saying how they always bring coke/water/alcohol aboard to cut costs...im still a chicken! lacking creative measures as to how to effectively do this with little or minimal risk!. Our first cruise is in 2 weeks! short of filling a listerine bottle and carrying it on in my bag...im lost :)

Tell me your funniest/cleverist tricks of the cruising trade!

FYI, no matter how clean you get a mouthwash bottle, the plastic will be infused with the minty taste of the mouthwash and it will get into your liquor. Don't bother smuggling anything particularly good this way, because the mint will ruin the subtleties of the flavor. We used mouthwash bottles on our first cruise for this reason. We even color matched some silver rum with food coloring to look exactly like peppermint mouthwash. Whiskey went into a bottle of original (brown) mouthwash. The last cruise, we just put bottles of alcohol in our checked luggage and sent it on. It made it as intact as the mouthwash bottles did. Oddly, we didn't drink nearly as much last time as we did out of the mouthwash bottles. Go figure.

ok with everybody saying how they always bring coke/water/alcohol aboard to cut costs...im still a chicken! lacking creative measures as to how to effectively do this with little or minimal risk!. Our first cruise is in 2 weeks! short of filling a listerine bottle and carrying it on in my bag...im lost :)

when we were in Puerto Vallarta I was getting back on the Vision with 5 bottles of tequila, after I put the bag with the bottles on the belt of the xray machine, when it came out the other side I pulled one bottle out of the bag in front of the ship worker. I then told him I had to take it to my room because it was not really not tequila but it was really some medicine. he then handed me a bag and told me to put my medicine in the bag and take it straight to my cabin.

I could tell you, but then I would have to make you walk the gang plank :D and off you'd go, smuggled items and all,

Pack what you want in your checked luggage (really no reason, I believe, to use listerine, shampoo bottles, etc as I have heard people have done) and hope for the best.

Have a GREAT cruise. Trust me, it will be fun no matter what!!!

FYI, no matter how clean you get a mouthwash bottle, the plastic will be infused with the minty taste of the mouthwash and it will get into your liquor. Don't bother smuggling anything particularly good this way, because the mint will ruin the subtleties of the flavor. .

thanks for the heads up...I feel like im back in highschool with the vodka in the pump hairspray bottles..*ha*

The Canteen and the Waterbottle is especially good..hmm wonder if I can find a white carribean rum....vodka is so boring....Any good suggestions on yummy clear liquor?

of course im gonna use the big litre water bottle..lol..(they dont open your water bottle do they?)

hey Tahoe Bob...what kind o medicine was that? hmmm?

For MEN only

OK... This will not only get your booze on the ship, it will get you a few looks as well. Get yourself a leather flask, the kind you would use for camping. Fill it with your favorite alchohol, tuck it into your pants (the front guys... The looks you get if you tuck it in the back are not good) and use the strap to tie it around your waist. There is no metal so it wont set of the alarm.

Have fun, and have a drink for me :D

Well...........I had this set of "fingernail and toenail clippers, along with a file and 1" blade cutter....................the file was confiscated by the TSA at the Phoenix airport before I even had a chance to smuggle it aboard the Monarch!!:eek:

Rick

Well...........I had this set of "fingernail and toenail clippers, along with a file and 1" blade cutter....................the file was confiscated by the TSA at the Phoenix airport before I even had a chance to smuggle it aboard the Monarch!!:eek:

Rick

Oh, no, Rick! That's terrible! How did you ever manage that loss?

thanks for the heads up...I feel like im back in highschool with the vodka in the pump hairspray bottles..*ha*

The Canteen and the Waterbottle is especially good..hmm wonder if I can find a white carribean rum....vodka is so boring....Any good suggestions on yummy clear liquor?

of course im gonna use the big litre water bottle..lol..(they dont open your water bottle do they?)

hey Tahoe Bob...what kind o medicine was that? hmmm?

Actually, according their new policies, they can open water, soda, mouthwash, etc. bottles and check them. However, if they did that to every piece of luggage, everyone on board might get one piece of luggage before the end of their cruise. It would take forever. To a certain extent, you are banking on good luck when you do this.

and have you seen the news report going on at Orlando International airport.. now no toothpaste, anything liquid, like mouthwash and purfumes.. throwing things out by the thousands.. does any one know why they are doing this? It sounds ridiculous to me. :eek:

Because the terrorists were using liquid, I believe in a shampoo bottle, to make bombs to use on airplanes. I am all for it to be safe. You may take these items along in your checked luggage, not your carry-ons. Also, it is not allowed at any airport.

Chris

Well we drive to port cuz we live in Orlando. I just want to take a 6 pack of diet dr perrer and a 12 pk of bottled water and a bottle of spiced rum for hubby. Ive heard alot of checked rolling coolers being fine.. Do they check your carryon by hand or machine? I could just wrap the bottle in a towel in my luggage. Pleasd the ignorance clause if caught..it is our first time! Besides RCCL isnt implementing any of the bottle things yet.,

On our last cruise, we filled up a big duffle on wheels with Diet Pepsi and Water Bottles and zipped it up. A guy behind us had a case of Diet Dr Pepper on a dolly and didn't even try to hide it. My guess is they are way more concered about the booze than the soft drinks. My next cruise I plan to bring my Iced Tea maker!

I'm astounded no one has just rolled a couple of kegs onboard at this point or complained because they were stopped when doing so.

I hear ya.......

Somehow I cant imagine checking in a case of soda or water.......I'd feel more like I was going camping than cruising...........Ok,thats my opinion and Im sure others will disagree........

26 cruises.....always pack alcohol/soda in the checked luggage in its original form...wrapped when they were glass and now they come in plastic...never had a problem.

If I had to go to the trouble to disguise it I wouldn't be bothered.

We always leave the left overs for the room steward.

On my last cruise I never opened the bottle.....he got a fresh unopened bottle to party with

My husband bought a canteen, like you would use for camping. He poured in a bottle of rum, slung it over his shoulder and walked right on. (yes, they did x-ray it but never questioned what was in it.)

Genious! I have so many canteens and never once thought about using them while trying to decide what to put the alcohol in for my upcoming cruise.

I drink dark liquors....

the ship serves "coke"....:mad:

I drink "pepsi"......:)

I had 2 large (1 liters??) of Dr. Pepper on the counter at home and as I started to pack and think about how to pack liquor sneeky like I thought,:rolleyes: huh, pour the liquor into the pop bottles!!!!

So my liquor came aboard as Dr.Pepper!!!!! :D

Archived