Spirit-Final Payment Due-No Shore Excursions Listed-Do I Pay?

Shawnee Indian

Our final payment for our NCL Spirit cruise departing NYC on 10/29/06 is due on 8/15/06 - BUT - ncl.com is still not listing ANY Shore Excursions information.

This is Important to us.

I tried to call but I was on hold for 37 minutes and could not get anyone live on the phone. I had to go........

Q. Should I make the Final Payment and Hope.........???

Or Should I cancel............???

I will send "customerservice@ncl.com" an email and ask them about Shore Excursions for our sailing...

I will copy and paste all Corespondence...

Here we go....This is a copy and paste of the email I sent customerservice@ncl.com

Date:Wednesday, August 9, 2006 9:06 PM

To:customerservice@ncl.com

Subject:Spirit 10/29/06 Shore Excursions

We will be cruising the Spirit on 10/29/06.

Your website does not list any Shore Excursions for our cruise.

Can you please send me Shore Excursion information?

Thanks,

PS - Your answer will be copied and pasted to cruisecritic.com to benefit other

passengers.

Our final payment for our NCL Spirit cruise departing NYC on 10/29/06 is due on 8/15/06 - BUT - ncl.com is still not listing ANY Shore Excursions information.

This is Important to us.

I tried to call but I was on hold for 37 minutes and could not get anyone live on the phone. I had to go........

Q. Should I make the Final Payment and Hope.........???

Or Should I cancel............???

You don't want to take the cruise if the shore excursions aren't good? Or you think you can pay for them ahead of time and if you can't do that you'll cancel? I'm not sure I understand why you'd cancel.
PS - Your answer will be copied and pasted to cruisecritic.com to benefit other passengers.
Copied e mail correspondence will be removed.

Golly, the only shore excursions on NCL's web site for this winter's season (2006-2007) so far are for Hawaii (Prides and Wind) and the Mexician Riveria (Star).

Many book excursions privately and save money. Don't worry, NCL will get around to publishing them before your cruise if oyu wish to book them through NCL.

Look at it from the bright side, no one is booking the most popular excursions yet. It'll be difficult for them to be sold out, that you have a great chance of getting what you want before they sell out.

Have some patience.

My answer to the question is: yes, you should make your final payment. There's absolutely no doubt that NCL will post the excursions in plenty of time for you to book them. After all, they wouldn't want to risk losing such a lucrative source of revenue.

Simple answer - if you want to take the cruise make the final payment. For many the first look they will have at shore excursions is when thier docs arrive. The way it was for years.

Not sure what posting them online and final payment have to do with each other.

I with the others. Why would lack of shore excursion postings be a reason not to pay, and therefore travel?

Keep in mind that shore excursions are a great money maker for the cruiseline - they will surely offer them.

Others have opted to do their own. And many cruise often and rarely take excursions are very happy with their decision.

I agree, I wouldn't cancell but you would think NCL would have them available before final payment.

Look at a sailing that goes to the same ports, most of the time the shore excursions are about the same. This will give you an idea.

Good Luck

Same thing happend for our upcoming cruise to NE/Canada. Final payment was on 6/25 and the excursions weren't posted until 7/5/06. There was no way to pre book them online, so we called and got an e-mail confirmation and they were listed on our E-docs we got yesterday.

You can't pre-pay for the excursions anyway. They are added to your on-board account after you take them.

Pay the final payment, the excursions will be listed soon.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I spoke to NCL Shore Excursion Desk yesterday, and was told the excursions will be online for my sailing (Nov.9th, Spirit) on August 26th...final payment for that cruise is August 25th.....

I always like to book my excursions as soon as possible. I kept going back online looking for them and finally I made the call.

Make finally payment..

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Trishaedge -- from the looks of your countdown calendar, it looks like we're on the same sailing :cool: . I keep hoping the excursions will get posted soon, too. I think NCL is losing business to the private operators, as we've already booked our excursions for Antiqua and St. Thomas, rather than waiting for their listing to appear.

By the way, we've got a roll-call going on if you're interested in joining it. The link is in my signature.

Archived