1 Night Cruise

sauvichick

Husband and I are contemplating the June 2007 Dinner/Dance on the Spirit out of NY. We've been on week long cruises on the Sea(remember that one?), the Crown and the Dawn. Has anyone "sailed" on one? We'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

I did the one night on the Spirit this past June and had a great time... I wish it were two nights though! It is great to give some the idea of what cruising is or for a nice quick getaway... we spent the night in NYC prior and had a great weekend. It was my Grandma's first time on a ship (she was afraid), but now is ready for the real thing!

Generally I would say think of it as a night on the town that happens to be on a ship. Good exposure to the ship but not in my opinion a fair representation of cruising.

There is a link to my experience on the Dawn one night cruise and pictures below. Not a typical one night cruise as I did manage an upsell to the Garden Villa last minute :D

In general what you have is passengers trying to pack a 7 day cruise into one night, lots of shows and events overlapping each other, packed bars, specialty restaurants booked solid early until midnight. If you want to eat in one at a reasonable time book it when you board.

I had a great time but it could give a false impression to a newbie about cruising for some positive for some negative.

I would do it again - a lot of fun, better value then a night in the city, and it counts as a cruise as you march up the new Latitudes levels :)

A one-night cruise might be attractive to a group of people who live fairly close to where the ship is parked. I'm quite certain that I wouldn't drive from here to San Francisco, less than 100 miles, for a one nighter; I'm not even sure if I'd do it for a 3 or 4 nighter.

I did a one night out of Norfolk several years ago. We mainly did it to introduce my family to cruising. I think it is a great alternative to a night on the town including a hotel stay. A nice little romantic getaway for about the same price as hotel/food/night show.

Thanks for the info on the 2 nite to nowhere on the Dawn. I can't believe it falls on the weekend. The only one carrying the info is the NCL website (too expensive). I'll wait to see if it pops up on other travel websites. We have done 1 week cruises but hubby doesn't get a vacation this year.

Archived