QE2 Cruise to nowhere

Skippyyyy

Itineries these days for a lot of cruise lines seem to be 'a-port-a-day' and for regular travellers, it may be unattractive to revist these ports.

As a regular traveller on QE2, would you like to go on a cruise to nowhere (say 6 days)?

Yes - Out of a US port

Yes - Out of Southampton

Maybe

No

Comments?

(I wanted to put a poll on this but couldn't work out how to do it. Duh!!)

No, or only if I can combine it with another cruise. Yet, your diagnosis is correct: too many port days on most cruises.

Nevertheless, six days to nowhere have limited appeal to me, it sounds so artificial besides being so short.

Meanwhile, six days transatlantic are great and have a purpose. Also I like to have many seadays on a cruise and fortunately Cunard offers many more than most cruiselines.

As a major reason for travelling onboard the QE2 are the ship itself and the service on board, I would prefer something like 14 to 20 days with the majority being seadays.

Anyway you can always create your very own shipday by just not leaving the QE2 in port.

I'd say yes. I found out on my last cruise that I thoroughly enjoyed my days at sea and wouldn't mind a 6 or 7 day voyage just cruising around. Doesn't matter which port actually it leaves from. Then again, like guernseyguy said, doesn't the transatlantics fill that void?

One reason I suggest a cruise to nowhere as opposed to a transatlantic (which is a truly excellent option!!) is that it may be more attractive to those who do not wish to embark on long haul flights. Indeed, the option of a short/medium length car/train journey where you can take as much luggage as you like may also be desirable.

Nb. They do a cruise to nowhere on QM2. (or did)

You needn't get off at a port. That would make any cruise a cruise with no ports for you. If you were really picky then you could do a back-to-back transatlantic. That way you'd have 10 nights at sea with only one port to avoid. (I forget that a TA is six nights now, not five:rolleyes: )

Ports of call are essential, so that passengers can go ashore ----leaving those who just want to enjoy the QE2 with a much quieter ship and no hassle looking for a quiet nook to read, and the ship easier to get around and explore.

Archived