TA sent confirm of Cabin/Carnival-Guarr

Has anyone experienced this? I received confimation letter of cabin 5268 Cat 8C, from my TA and when I got cruise docs from Carnival today we were listed as a Guarr.

I'm a little disturbed but I can live with it, I guess I'll have to, but what the heck happened and why??

What category did you book? If you booked a BL or 8A guarantee, I'd say you've been upgraded. If you booked a guarantee as stated on your docs from Carnival, you can be upgraded up until the day of sailing. If you told your TA "I want Cabin #5268" and your docs say you're booked a guarantee, I'd call the TA ASAP. In any case, call your TA and get him/her to explain.

Thanks for the reply Kelly Jean. I have a letter from my TA saying that I have a confirmed CAT. 8C cabin # 5268. Now, Carnival has sent me documents for an 8C guarantee. I left a message with her today(my TA) and she hasn't called me back. So I'll just keep trying to get in touch w/ her. Would have liked that cabin tho.

Thanks for the reply Kelly Jean. I have a letter from my TA saying that I have a confirmed CAT. 8C cabin # 5268. Now, Carnival has sent me documents for an 8C guarantee. I left a message with her today(my TA) and she hasn't called me back. So I'll just keep trying to get in touch w/ her. Would have liked that cabin tho.

Not knowing when your sailing date is, I can only assume within 3 -4 weeks, It is very possible that your cabin was assigned after documents were printed......you booked a Cat. 8C GTY and unfortunately the upgrade fairy did not come thru and this is sometimes the final outcome of cabin assignment which is at the discretion of the cruiseline. There is always a possibility that you may still get an upgrade when you arrive at the pier.

From what I can tell she did NOT book a guarantee, and if the TA booked it as a guarantee that was not as the OP had intended to book... She booked a confirmed cabin #, and would have liked that particular cabin is how I'm reading it

~Katy

The OP was very clear that they booked a specific cabin but cruise docs from Carnival say guarantee. Too many people skim these messages and answer a question that was not even asked. I hope the OP updates this with the result after speaking with their TA.

Has anyone experienced this? I received confimation letter of cabin 5268 Cat 8C, from my TA and when I got cruise docs from Carnival today we were listed as a Guarr.

I'm a little disturbed but I can live with it, I guess I'll have to, but what the heck happened and why??

I'd be upset if I booked a particular cabin and it was changed. I usually book a guarantee, but for my next cruise I chose a cabin. I'd be very upset if it was changed because I have a 1A with portholes and it's my first outside cabin. An "upgrade" from this cabin would be in interior 4A, and I sure as heck wouldn't want it.

Please let us know what happens.

The OP was very clear that they booked a specific cabin but cruise docs from Carnival say guarantee. Too many people skim these messages and answer a question that was not even asked. I hope the OP updates this with the result after speaking with their TA.

Hold on a minute.... Perhaps I misinterperated the OP and for that I am sorry, but it is always possible that the confirmation was recently provided fron the TA. I aggree that we should wait to hear from the OP of the outcome on this one, but for you to :::flame::: because of a misinterperatation is uncalled for !

Talk about skimming messages! Where does the OP say literally "I booked a specific cabin" or "I booked a guarantee"?? The OP never made this point clear. Therefore, some folks replying to the OP assumed that the OP booked a specific cabin.

Sometimes we all have to read posts carefully before we respond and especially before attacking your fellow CCer's.

:rolleyes:

To Thornewenner, I hope you get everything straightened out as quickly as humanly possible. :)

Sorry to anyone I offended but I was not trying to "flame" anyone. Over the past few years of reading this site I have seen many instances where people respond with an answer to a situation that does not exist because they did not read carefully the original post so their answers make no sense.

"I received confimation letter of cabin 5268 Cat 8C, from my TA and when I got cruise docs from Carnival today we were listed as a Guarr."

This makes perfectly clear that their TA confirmed a specific category (when you book a cruise and pay your deposit your TA will send you a confirmation with your cabin #, dining time you chose, amount of deposit, amount due, etc). A few weeks before your cruise you get your docs from Carnival. If it does not match up to your TA's confirmation then you have problems and need to contact your TA.

Sorry to anyone I offended but I was not trying to "flame" anyone. Over the past few years of reading this site I have seen many instances where people respond with an answer to a situation that does not exist because they did not read carefully the original post so their answers make no sense.

"I received confimation letter of cabin 5268 Cat 8C, from my TA and when I got cruise docs from Carnival today we were listed as a Guarr."

This makes perfectly clear that their TA confirmed a specific category (when you book a cruise and pay your deposit your TA will send you a confirmation with your cabin #, dining time you chose, amount of deposit, amount due, etc). A few weeks before your cruise you get your docs from Carnival. If it does not match up to your TA's confirmation then you have problems and need to contact your TA.

Why don't we all drop the issue of WHAT WE THINK the original poster meant and wait to hear what the outcome is.... I don't know about y'all, but I have better things to worry about instead of "WAS THE POST RESPONDED TO CORRECTLY" !!!

I'm not the OP, but I'm just as pleased as can be with outcome of my cat 6A guarantee. I got my cruise docs the other day, we've been upgraded to 6D. Only thing left on this little ship would be a suite. I'm a happy camper :) ummm..... happy sailor ;)

My original post was buried way back there, and not really understood by any of the respondents.So I just stopped posting. YES I HAVE A LETTER OF CONFIRMATION FOR A SPECIFIC CABIN IN MY HANDS that my TA mailed to me. WHEN DOCS ARRIVED FROM CARNIVAL THE TICKETS SAID "GURANTEE". I called my TA immediately to see what was up.The TA didn't call me back till after the holiday MONDAY July 5th. The ending is pretty dumb so here goes. I used my bank card while booking the cabin.DUMB,DUMB,DUMB. It was late in the evening and I didn't think twice about using it, as I had the money in my bank account. Of course we all know there are limits on some peoples daily withdrawal. Mine is 1,000. The TA called me the next morning and said your bank has to release these funds or you'll loose this cabin. Within 10 mins. I had the bank lift the 1,000 limit for this purchase and the TA called back and said everything was ok, (but the cabin had been sold elsewhere within that 10 min time period.I didn't know this and who knows if the TA did.) I assumed when I got the LETTER OF CONFIRMATION FROM HER WITH THE CABIN # RIGHT ON IT that everything was hunky dorrie. So that is the end of this silly story . I'm offically an 8c gurantee. Which is okay,it could be a good thing actually. All this was because of my error in using a bankcard instead of credit card. I hope you folks can make up now and be friends, or just take it out on me. I can take the flack. I've been reading this board everyday and I know that post was buried way back there not generating much interest so I stopped looking at it myself. PAX, Thorne

thorne

try going to the carnival site and pretend to buy a gift. they will ask for a cabin #. put in the one you have and see if they ok it. then you will know that is the cabin you are assigned in carnivals system. it might not hurt to try it anyway. good luck with the cabin and i know you will have a great time once you get on the ship :)

Archived