Yet another twist to the dressing for formal night issue

cruzeluvr

Should passengers not dressed for formal night be included in table pictures  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should passengers not dressed for formal night be included in table pictures

• Definitely exclude them
    • Definitely include them
    • Ask photographer to take 2 pictures - 1 with & 1 without them
    • Who cares - I'm not going to buy the picture anyway

OK, we've all read numerous opinions about what to wear and whether it is necessary to "dress up" for formal nights - but this question is not about what is acceptable to wear.

Since the ship photographers usually take the "table pictures" on formal nights, if anyone seated at your table is not "dressed appropriately" and may "spoil the table picture" how do you feel about them being included or excluded from the picture.

I agree, years down the road when you look at your pictures they bring back memories. Good memories, I hope. So who really gives a flying **** what someone else is wearing at your table. If it's that much of a problem to someone, I say for them to sit at their own table so nobody "ruins their picture". If people are going to be that shallow that they think they are the only ones at the table at being "picture worthy" they need to stay home. Going on a vacation is all about creating great memories not about what your table mate is wearing. I say to these people....Grow Up!!! My rant is over.....:D

I think that we are there to have fun and a picture is a memory, I'm not going to exclude someone because of the way they dress, instead I'm going to remember how much fun I had meeting new people!

Exactly !!

Gosh, I really dislike the notion that someone not properly dressed would "spoil" a table picture. They might be the nicest people you ever meet on a ship.

It bothers me that there might be folks who even would entertain the notion of a photo being spoiled by the clothing of a few people. But if such folks feel that way, don't buy the table photo. Just how important can a table photo be anyway in the grand scheme of things?

In my experience table photos seldom turn out well. Sitting around a table usually results in unbecoming angles for at least some in the photo. If there are those who feel that someone's clothing is intruding unfavorably on the photo, go pose elsewhere for formal pictures that do not include "unworthy" interlopers.

I'm at a crossroads between include them and who cares because I'm not going to buy them anyway.

I don't believe in excluding people, especially for something like this.

But I would not buy the pictures if they have dirty dishes and glasses in the photo, which they usually do. I suppose I'm a bit of a photo snob, I like the professional ones that are formal shots. The ones with used table service I can take myself.

I usually do not buy them. I never thought sitting in front of a plate of food made a good picture. But, you know, the photographers always ask us who is in our party and take pictures of just our party and not the whole table-UNLESS the whole table is our party and twice that has been true for us.

Ew- I assumed the formal pics were taken posed against a backdrop or something. I agree that pics that include plates of partially eaten food are not very desirable. As for the extra people, I might remove them digitally as I used to be a professional photo retoucher :o

Isn't it funny how people are so differant? I wouldn't take anything for our past "table pictures" on formal nights! I honestly treasure them, these are my new friends. I don't care how many dirty dishes are setting in front of them, I want to capture their smiling faces.

Archived