Beach at Port in Grand Turk

Marie50

Can anyone tell me anything about the port area and if their is a beach within walking distance of the ship. The Webcam seems to show one. And did anyone do the semi sub excursion on Turk?

Yes, there is a beach at the end of the pier with beautiful turquoise water. Also at the end of the pier are a few shops, a Margaritaville restaurant, and a couple of swimming pools for the cruise passengers.

• 1 month later...

I am a snorkeliing freak and loved the uncommercial nature of this beach- do not park your stuff directly on the beach closest to the pier- walk down to the next cove- about 700 feet ahead and their is a gorgeous-undeserted beach-free of the rocky bottom that was closest to the pier

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back. There are plenty of chairs by the beach and the pool (free). The water is great, we did snorkel there but not much too see. The pool area is great, lots of fun and music.

If you want to go diving or snorkeling, make sure you book it early on the ship or try to arrange it before you get there on your own. We tried finding someone to take us snorkeling on our own and no luck. Everything is controlled by the cruise ship, so we missed out on that. The diving and snorkeling excursions were all booked.

Even though, just staying there is great. Nice place

Can anyone tell me anything about the port area and if their is a beach within walking distance of the ship. The Webcam seems to show one. And did anyone do the semi sub excursion on Turk?

I read something about Govenor's Beach being very nice and in walking distance. Taxi is $3. Dh and I are going in 2 weeks and may visit this beach and the new cruise ship beach, pool and bar afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

We were in Grand Turk with our kids on the Fantasy in June. We went to Margaritaville for 1 drink at the swim up bar and watched the girls dance on the bar for a little while. (My 14 year old son loved it!)

We then went down to the beach which is right at the end of the pier and swam for a little while. The bottom is a little wierd but it is very clear. The chairs are free and plentiful.

We then went on the snorkeling excursion which we arranged with Carnival before we left home. They took us out on a reef and we snorkeled there for quite a while. There was alot to see and the guide was great to point things out to us. After a while we all got back onto the excursion boat and went to another reef where we snorkled for another hour or so. We saw some great fish, reef, barracuda, and a nurse shark. We were not at all disspointed with this excursion and had a great time in Grand Turk.

Hi, my parents, who are in their 60s, will be sailing to Turks and Caicos in a week with Holland America. I'm trying to find out what the really good beaches are. How does the beach by the port compare to Governor's beach or Pillory? Do you know the cost to get to each one?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

The beach by the pier is really nice. Walk along away from Margaritaville and you will find the "conch graveyard".

The taxi stand has a map with governed taxi fares. It's about $8 to get to the lighthouse, pp, each way. So, to get to specific places, you can just look at that.

A beautiful private beach is by the Water's Edge restaurant. Just take a cab to the beginning of Duke Street. ($5) Then you can eat at the restaurant and relax at their private beach.

Archived